* Babel-generated files not part of published projects?
@ 2013-01-30 18:00 Gunnar Wolf
From: Gunnar Wolf @ 2013-01-30 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I have the following (partial) target as a publishing declaration:

(setq org-publish-project-alist
      '(("notas-html"
         :base-directory "~/vcs/sistemas_operativos/notas/"
         :base-extension "org"
         :publishing-directory "~/vcs/sistemas_operativos/html"
         :recursive t
         :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html
         :headline-levels 4
         :timestamp nil
         :creator-info nil
         :todo-keywords nil
         :html-preamble ""
         :html-postamble ""
         :auto-preamble t
	 )
	("notas-pdf"
	 :base-directory "~/vcs/sistemas_operativos/notas/"
	 :base-extension "org"
	 :publishing-directory "~/vcs/sistemas_operativos/pdf"
	 :recursive t
	 :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-pdf
	 :headline-levels 4
	 :auto-preamble t
	 )
 (...)
        ))

And I have several Dot-generated snippets as part of my text, such as
this one:

#+begin_src dot :file ltxpng/estados_proceso.png
digraph G {
        layout = dot;
        node [shape = box];
	(...)
}
#+end_src

When I export a single file (i.e. with C-c C-e p), the file gets
generated with the specified filename and included in the resulting
PDF. However, when I do it via org-publish-all (or
org-publish-project), the code does not get executed, and the
resulting files are missing the diagramas.

What am I missing?

* Re: Babel-generated files not part of published projects?
@ 2013-01-31 13:42 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-31 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gunnar Wolf; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Gunnar,

Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> writes:

> When I export a single file (i.e. with C-c C-e p), the file gets
> generated with the specified filename and included in the resulting
> PDF. However, when I do it via org-publish-all (or
> org-publish-project), the code does not get executed, and the
> resulting files are missing the diagramas.
>
> What am I missing?

Most probably the ltxpng/ directory is not reachable/known or set
correctly the publishing project.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Babel-generated files not part of published projects?
@ 2013-01-31 14:01   ` Gunnar Wolf
From: Gunnar Wolf @ 2013-01-31 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien dijo [Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 02:42:27PM +0100]:
> > When I export a single file (i.e. with C-c C-e p), the file gets
> > generated with the specified filename and included in the resulting
> > PDF. However, when I do it via org-publish-all (or
> > org-publish-project), the code does not get executed, and the
> > resulting files are missing the diagramas.
> >
> > What am I missing?
>
> Most probably the ltxpng/ directory is not reachable/known or set
> correctly the publishing project.

Hi,

No, I thought about it as well, but I now create the directory just
before calling org-publish-project — This snippet might sound silly,
but please bear in mind it's just a part of a bigger project :) I have
this in my project Makefile:

/--------------------
| html:
| 	mkdir -p html/ltxpng
| 	echo html | emacs --batch --load ~/.emacs --load publish.el --funcall org-publish-project
|
| pdf:
| 	mkdir -p pdf/ltxpng
| 	echo pdf | emacs --batch --load ~/.emacs --load publish.el --funcall org-publish-project
|
| publish:
| 	emacs --batch --load ~/.emacs --load publish.el --funcall org-publish-all

My ~/.emacs file does include the needed declarations for Babel to
evaluate the blocks:

    (org-babel-do-load-languages 'org-babel-load-languages  '((dot . t)) )
    (defun my-org-confirm-babel-evaluate (lang body)
      (not (or (string= lang "dot") (string= lang "ditaa"))))
    (setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate 'my-org-confirm-babel-evaluate)

The only information I can get from the buid process is that LaTeX
does not find the needed files (and that can be reproduced just by
running latex on the generated .tex files):

    LaTeX Warning: File `ltxpng/estados_proceso.png' not found on input line 94.
    ! Package pdftex.def Error: File `ltxpng/estados_proceso.png' not found.
    (...)
    LaTeX Warning: File `ltxpng/bloqueo_mutuo_simple.png' not found on input line 1300.
    ! Package pdftex.def Error: File `ltxpng/bloqueo_mutuo_simple.png' not found.

The only thing I see is that when Org-mode exports to LaTeX, it does
not run the Babel blocks.

Any ideas?