* About `open formula'
@ 2013-01-17  5:20 Xue Fuqiao
From: Xue Fuqiao @ 2013-01-17  5:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

In (info "(org) Editing and debugging formulas"):

    `<TAB>     (`org-table-fedit-lisp-indent')'
          Pretty-print or indent Lisp formula at point.  When in a line
          containing a Lisp formula, format the formula according to
          Emacs Lisp rules.  Another <TAB> collapses the formula back
          again.  In the open formula, <TAB> re-indents just like in
          Emacs Lisp mode.

What does the `open formula' mean?  I've searched the Org manual/FAQ and web, and I only found this:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part2.html

But it seems that the `open formula' doesn't mean this.
--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/XueFuqiao

* Re: About `open formula'
@ 2013-01-19  4:33 ` Shelagh Manton
From: Shelagh Manton @ 2013-01-19  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 13:20:13 +0800, Xue Fuqiao wrote:

> In (info "(org) Editing and debugging formulas"):
>
>     `<TAB>     (`org-table-fedit-lisp-indent')'
>           Pretty-print or indent Lisp formula at point.  When in a line
>           containing a Lisp formula, format the formula according to
>           Emacs Lisp rules.  Another <TAB> collapses the formula back
>           again.  In the open formula, <TAB> re-indents just like in
>           Emacs Lisp mode.
>
> What does the `open formula' mean?  I've searched the Org manual/FAQ and
> web, and I only found this:
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-
part2.html

> But it seems that the `open formula' doesn't mean this.

I think perhaps if you read it as "when your cursor in in the formula
text" it might make more sense.

Shelagh

* Re: About `open formula'
@ 2013-01-24 14:43 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-01-24 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xue Fuqiao; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Xue,

Xue Fuqiao <xfq.free@gmail.com> writes:

> In (info "(org) Editing and debugging formulas"):
>
>     `<TAB>     (`org-table-fedit-lisp-indent')'
>           Pretty-print or indent Lisp formula at point.  When in a line
>           containing a Lisp formula, format the formula according to
>           Emacs Lisp rules.  Another <TAB> collapses the formula back
>           again.  In the open formula, <TAB> re-indents just like in
>           Emacs Lisp mode.
>
> What does the `open formula' mean?

It means "in the non-collapsed formula", see the sentence before.

--
 Bastien

* Re: About `open formula'
@ 2013-01-24 23:53   ` Xue Fuqiao
From: Xue Fuqiao @ 2013-01-24 23:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, 24 Jan 2013 15:43:02 +0100
Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:

> > What does the `open formula' mean?
>
> It means "in the non-collapsed formula", see the sentence before.

Thanks a lot.