On Tue, 08 Jan 2013 09:16:41 -0800 Wes Hardaker wrote: > FYI, I tried (again) to use org-contacts a while back and still see > the same speed problems. It's great for small contacts, but not for > large. :-( > I think what would be needed would be to read the file and store it in > an elisp structure and then just stat() the file every time a lookup > happened and if it hasn't changed, then use the elisp or else reparse. > It's not like the data should be changing *that* much so it shouldn't > need to be reread a lot. And it's the parsing/searching that takes > too long. I'm just starting (again) with Emacs/orgmode and I plan to learn some elisp eventually, but not there (yet). > But I certainly like the org-mode format much much much better than > bbdb(3). Which I'm still using, unfortunately. Do you use bbdb3 and what are important things it brings over bbdb2? Have you, maybe, tried mu4e or should I simply stick with proven Gnus? Sincerely, Gour -- For him who has conquered the mind, the mind is the best of friends; but for one who has failed to do so, his mind will remain the greatest enemy. http://www.atmarama.net | Hlapicina (Croatia) | GPG: 52B5C810