* [Bug] Removing scheduled/deadline shows "Entry repeats:..." which is not true
@ 2013-04-08 12:17 Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2013-04-08 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

I just checked out the most current Org from git (1af215bb4668bf)
and found out that with removing SCHEDULED or DEADLINE using C-u C-c
C-(s|d) I get:

        Entry repeats: DEADLINE: <2013-04-15 Mon +1w -0d>

in the minibuffer line (example is from removing DEADLINE). The
heading does not have any deadline any more and did never show a
repeat.

So this is clearly a bug from my point of perspective.

--
mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML to Org-mode:

https://github.com/novoid/extract_pdf_annotations_to_orgmode + more on github

* Re: [Bug] Removing scheduled/deadline shows "Entry repeats:..." which is not true
@ 2013-04-08 20:01 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-04-08 20:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Voit; +Cc: news1142, emacs-orgmode

Hi Karl,

Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:

> I just checked out the most current Org from git (1af215bb4668bf)
> and found out that with removing SCHEDULED or DEADLINE using C-u C-c
> C-(s|d) I get:
>
>         Entry repeats: DEADLINE: <2013-04-15 Mon +1w -0d>

I can't reproduce this.  Can you share a minimal example/recipe?

 Bastien

* Re: [Bug] Removing scheduled/deadline shows "Entry repeats:..." which is not true
@ 2013-04-17 11:58   ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2013-04-17 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hi Karl,

Hi!

> Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:
>
>> I just checked out the most current Org from git (1af215bb4668bf)
>> and found out that with removing SCHEDULED or DEADLINE using C-u C-c
>> C-(s|d) I get:
>>
>>         Entry repeats: DEADLINE: <2013-04-15 Mon +1w -0d>
>
> I can't reproduce this.  Can you share a minimal example/recipe?

Sorry for the late reply. This is because I do have troubles to come
up with a minimal example. Starting Emacs with debug-init does not
show this issue. I guess I have to strip down my config until this
behavior changes (or add el-configs step by step). I'll report.

--

@ 2013-04-18  8:08     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-04-18  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Voit; +Cc: news1142, emacs-orgmode

Hi Karl,

Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:

> Sorry for the late reply. This is because I do have troubles to come
> up with a minimal example. Starting Emacs with debug-init does not
> show this issue. I guess I have to strip down my config until this
> behavior changes (or add el-configs step by step). I'll report.

Thanks.  The bug looks pretty bad, so I hope this is just a problem in
your configuration.  But still, I hope this is not a problem in the way
Org allows you to combine several options.

--
 Bastien

* Re: [Bug] Removing scheduled/deadline shows "Entry repeats:..." which is not true
@ 2013-04-18  8:53       ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2013-04-18  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hi Karl,
>
> Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:
>
>> Sorry for the late reply. This is because I do have troubles to come
>> up with a minimal example. Starting Emacs with debug-init does not
>> show this issue. I guess I have to strip down my config until this
>> behavior changes (or add el-configs step by step). I'll report.
>
> Thanks.  The bug looks pretty bad, so I hope this is just a problem in
> your configuration.  But still, I hope this is not a problem in the way
> Org allows you to combine several options.

I'm a bit puzzled since this issue seem to have disappeared.
Yesterday, I was facing this message but today (without upgrading
Org-mode!) I can not reproduce it either :-O

Let's say it was something deeply related to my config which changed
meanwhile.

Sorry for the fuzz.

--

@ 2013-10-25 22:41         ` Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2013-10-25 22:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: news1142

Dnia 2013-04-18, o godz. 10:53:30
Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> napisał(a):

> * Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
> > Hi Karl,
> >
> > Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:
> >
> >> Sorry for the late reply. This is because I do have troubles to
> >> come up with a minimal example. Starting Emacs with debug-init
> >> does not show this issue. I guess I have to strip down my config
> >> until this behavior changes (or add el-configs step by step). I'll
> >> report.
> >
> > Thanks.  The bug looks pretty bad, so I hope this is just a problem
> > in your configuration.  But still, I hope this is not a problem in
> > the way Org allows you to combine several options.
>
> I'm a bit puzzled since this issue seem to have disappeared.
> Yesterday, I was facing this message but today (without upgrading
> Org-mode!) I can not reproduce it either :-O
>
> Let's say it was something deeply related to my config which changed
> meanwhile.

Just a few seconds ago I experienced something similar (I was changing
the TODO state, and there was *no* SCHEDULED keyword anywhere (!) in
the file).  I diffed the only buffer that changed (the current one) to
the saved version, and found nothing suspicious. It's too late for me to
analyse this (it's 00:40 here;)), but if the problem persists, I'll
try to report (if I'm able to prepare an ECM).

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* Re: [Bug] Removing scheduled/deadline shows "Entry repeats:..." which is not true
@ 2013-10-26  8:32           ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2013-10-26  8:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Marcin Borkowski <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl> wrote:
> Dnia 2013-04-18, o godz. 10:53:30
> Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> napisał(a):
>
>> * Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:
>> > Hi Karl,

>> > Thanks.  The bug looks pretty bad, so I hope this is just a problem
>> > in your configuration.  But still, I hope this is not a problem in
>> > the way Org allows you to combine several options.
>>
>> I'm a bit puzzled since this issue seem to have disappeared.
>> Yesterday, I was facing this message but today (without upgrading
>> Org-mode!) I can not reproduce it either :-O
>>
>> Let's say it was something deeply related to my config which changed
>> meanwhile.
>
> Just a few seconds ago I experienced something similar (I was changing
> the TODO state, and there was *no* SCHEDULED keyword anywhere (!) in
> the file).  I diffed the only buffer that changed (the current one) to
> the saved version, and found nothing suspicious. It's too late for me to
> analyse this (it's 00:40 here;)), but if the problem persists, I'll
> try to report (if I'm able to prepare an ECM).

From time to time I recognize this strange issue. However, since
there were no reports of other people, I thought that this is some
issue related to my own set-up[1] and ignored it.

So: at my side, it appears from time to time and I still do not have
that much Emacs knowledge to debug it.

  1. https://github.com/novoid/dot-emacs
--

@ 2013-11-06  9:00           ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-11-06  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcin Borkowski; +Cc: news1142, emacs-orgmode

Hi Marcin,

Marcin Borkowski <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl> writes:

> Just a few seconds ago I experienced something similar (I was changing
> the TODO state, and there was *no* SCHEDULED keyword anywhere (!) in
> the file).  I diffed the only buffer that changed (the current one) to
> the saved version, and found nothing suspicious. It's too late for me to
> analyse this (it's 00:40 here;)), but if the problem persists, I'll
> try to report (if I'm able to prepare an ECM).

This should be fixed now.

 Bastien