* two-way sync org agenda/ical
@ 2013-03-09 18:15 Marvin Doyley
From: Marvin Doyley @ 2013-03-09 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi there,

Does anybody know how to export deadline or schedule items from  org to
ical ?

thanks

* Re: two-way sync org agenda/ical
@ 2013-03-10  9:16 ` Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2013-03-10  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Marvin Doyley <marvinpas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there,

Hi!

> Does anybody know how to export deadline or schedule items from  org to
> ical ?

I think you want to read following pages:
http://orgmode.org/manual/iCalendar-export.html
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-google-sync.html

--
Karl Voit

* Re: two-way sync org agenda/ical
@ 2013-03-14 20:55   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2013-03-14 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karl Voit; +Cc: news1142, emacs-orgmode

Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:

> * Marvin Doyley <marvinpas@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>
> Hi!
>
>> Does anybody know how to export deadline or schedule items from  org to
>> ical ?
>
> I think you want to read following pages:
> http://orgmode.org/manual/iCalendar-export.html
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-google-sync.html

The latter has really been superseded by David Engster's implementation
of org-caldav-sync, if you want to sync with Google:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/57804/

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org release_8.0-pre-16-g3f6b24

* Re: two-way sync org agenda/ical
@ 2013-03-14 21:00     ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2013-03-14 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Karl Voit <devnull@Karl-Voit.at> writes:
>
>> * Marvin Doyley <marvinpas@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi there,
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>>> Does anybody know how to export deadline or schedule items from  org to
>>> ical ?
>>
>> I think you want to read following pages:
>> http://orgmode.org/manual/iCalendar-export.html> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-google-sync.html
>
> The latter has really been superseded by David Engster's implementation
> of org-caldav-sync, if you want to sync with Google:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/57804/

Org-CalDAV is it is in fact mentioned on that worg page. . .  At the
very bottom.  Unless Eric feels strongly about it, perhaps we should
move Org-CalDAV to the top of the page?

–Rasmus

--
May the Force be with you

* Re: two-way sync org agenda/ical
@ 2013-03-15 11:26       ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2013-03-15 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

[...]

>> The latter has really been superseded by David Engster's implementation
>> of org-caldav-sync, if you want to sync with Google:
>>
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/57804/
>
> Org-CalDAV is it is in fact mentioned on that worg page. . .  At the
> very bottom.  Unless Eric feels strongly about it, perhaps we should
> move Org-CalDAV to the top of the page?
>
> –Rasmus

Given that I no longer use my old syncing approach, described on that
page, and instead use org-caldav, I would be happy to have the reference
to org-caldav moved to the top!

Thanks,
eric
--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org release_8.0-pre-72-gc66641

* Re: two-way sync org agenda/ical
@ 2013-03-15 21:07         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-15 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Rasmus

> Given that I no longer use my old syncing approach, described on that
> page, and instead use org-caldav, I would be happy to have the reference
> to org-caldav moved to the top!

It's a wiki, be *bold* :)

--
 Bastien

* Re: two-way sync org agenda/ical
@ 2013-03-17 12:44           ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2013-03-17 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Rasmus

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
>
>> Given that I no longer use my old syncing approach, described on that
>> page, and instead use org-caldav, I would be happy to have the reference
>> to org-caldav moved to the top!
>
> It's a wiki, be *bold* :)

Actually, given the recent announcement regarding the removal of caldav
support from Google's calendar service, I think it's best to leave the
page as it is until things settle down.

--
: Eric S Fraga, GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D
: in Emacs 24.3.50.1 and Org release_8.0-pre-107-g91a6ca

* Re: two-way sync org agenda/ical
@ 2013-03-17 13:07             ` David Engster
From: David Engster @ 2013-03-17 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Rasmus

Eric S. Fraga writes:
> Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:
>
>> Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:
>>
>>> Given that I no longer use my old syncing approach, described on that
>>> page, and instead use org-caldav, I would be happy to have the reference
>>> to org-caldav moved to the top!
>>
>> It's a wiki, be *bold* :)
>
> Actually, given the recent announcement regarding the removal of caldav
> support from Google's calendar service, I think it's best to leave the
> page as it is until things settle down.

FWIW, I agree.

But I think it would be good to have a page listing free alternatives
for Google Calendar (free as in speech, not necessarily free of charge
when it comes to hosting), and how to use those with Org and Android. On
such a page, org-caldav would fit very well. I currently do not have
time to write something up, though.

-David

* Re: two-way sync org agenda/ical
@ 2013-03-17 17:35               ` Rasmus
From: Rasmus @ 2013-03-17 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bzg; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

David Engster <deng@randomsample.de> writes:

> Eric S. Fraga writes:
>> Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

>>> It's a wiki, be *bold* :)
>>
>> Actually, given the recent announcement regarding the removal of
>> caldav
>> support from Google's calendar service, I think it's best to leave
>> the
>> page as it is until things settle down.
>
> FWIW, I agree.
>
> But I think it would be good to have a page listing free alternatives
> for Google Calendar (free as in speech, not necessarily free of charge
> when it comes to hosting), and how to use those with Org and
> Android. On
> such a page, org-caldav would fit very well. I currently do not have
> time to write something up, though.

Here's a start:

* CalDAV
  From [[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caldav][Wikipedia]]
#+BEGIN_QUOTE
Calendaring Extensions to WebDAV, or CalDAV, is an Internet standard
allowing a client to access scheduling information on a remote server.
#+END_QUOTE

** CalDAV calendars on Android
  [[https://f-droid.org/][F-Droid]], a repository of free software for
  Android phones, currently offers the
  [[http://www.acal.me/wiki/Main_Page][aCal]] application for using
  CalDAV. There also exists some proprietary clients which works with
  the calendar application shipped with Android.

  More detailed information can be found on the
  [[http://wiki.davical.org/w/CalDAV_Clients/Android][DAViCal wiki]].

** Free CalDAV servers:
  The following free program may be used as CalDAV servers.  They will usually

  - [[http://radicale.org/][Radical]] :: A Simple Calendar and Contact Server
  - [[http://baikal-server.com/][Baïkal]] :: Lightweight CalDAV+CardDAV server
  - [[http://www.davical.org/][DAViCal]] :: A CalDAV Store (server).
  - OpenCloud :: Should support CalDAV and CardDAV
  - SoGo :: Should support CalDAV and CardDAV

** CalDAV providers using free software

m-mm-mmm-mmmm bacon!

* Re: two-way sync org agenda/ical
@ 2013-03-19 17:05                 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-03-19 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rasmus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rasmus,

Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us> writes:

> Here's a start:

Feel free to start this on Worg!  Worg is (truly) yours.

--
 Bastien