* mac/iCal issue subscribing to org.ics file via localhost
@ 2010-03-03 12:19 Stephen Eglen
From: Stephen Eglen @ 2010-03-03 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Stephen Eglen

Can anyone help with a iCal problem on the mac (10.6)?

I've got an org.ics file generated by org mode, which looks fine, and
can be imported in iCal manually.  However, I am trying to follow the
hint in the faq (export section) for subscribing to the calendar.  I've
copied the org.ics into /Library/WebServer/Documents
and in iCal, I do Calendar -> subscribe and then type
http://localhost/org.ics

but then get the error message:

  The request to the server
  http://localhost/org.ics failed (error 30).

If I go to the Systems preferences, and turn on 'Web sharing' under the
Sharing tab, and retry, then success.  Is that the right thing to do,
and does that mean that anyone else can see my org.ics file when I'm
connected?  I'd rather not have this exposed.

(& if enabling 'web sharing' is required, can that be added to the faq?)

Thanks, Stephen

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-03-03 12:19 UTC | newest]