* org-mode moves point in other window
@ 2012-12-08 13:34 Thomas Koch
From: Thomas Koch @ 2012-12-08 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I've got a large org-mode (7.9.2, emacs 24.2.1) table and two windows, top and
bottom. I shrink the upper window to only show the headline of my table and
work in the lower window.

When I move with tab in the lower window or recalculate the formula, the upper
window moves its point to the formula.

How can I make the upper window to remain as it is?

Thank you,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

* Re: org-mode moves point in other window
@ 2012-12-13 22:36 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-12-13 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: thomas; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro> writes:

> I've got a large org-mode (7.9.2, emacs 24.2.1) table and two windows, top and
> bottom. I shrink the upper window to only show the headline of my table and
> work in the lower window.
>
> When I move with tab in the lower window or recalculate the formula, the upper
> window moves its point to the formula.
>
> How can I make the upper window to remain as it is?

Instead of splitting the window, you can create an indirect buffer.

It will visually be equivalent, and the point in the upper window
will not move when C-cC-c'ing on the formulas.

--
 Bastien

* Re: org-mode moves point in other window
@ 2012-12-17 19:43   ` Thomas Koch
From: Thomas Koch @ 2012-12-17 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien:
> Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro> writes:
> > I've got a large org-mode (7.9.2, emacs 24.2.1) table and two windows,
> > top and bottom. I shrink the upper window to only show the headline of
> > my table and work in the lower window.
> >
> > When I move with tab in the lower window or recalculate the formula, the
> > upper window moves its point to the formula.
> >
> > How can I make the upper window to remain as it is?
>
> Instead of splitting the window, you can create an indirect buffer.
>
> It will visually be equivalent, and the point in the upper window
> will not move when C-cC-c'ing on the formulas.

Hi Bastien,

thank you. First I tried to narrow the indirect buffer only to the headline of
the table but then the point still jumped to the end of the table and enlarged
the narrowing to the full table when the column width changed.

Now I left the narrowing to include the full table and the point seem to
remain where it is even on column resizes.

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro