* [GSoC] Org-sync
@ 2012-07-16 20:39 Aurélien Aptel
From: Aurélien Aptel @ 2012-07-16 20:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I'm still working on Org-sync, the tool to synchronize external
services with org-documents. The current focus is still on bug
trackers. Right now you can test the github and the bitbucket backend.
I've worked on a cache system that minimize what needs to be
transfered at each synchronization and I've written Org-sync
documentation (usage, code & backend programming). You can find more
on my repo [1].

There is a simple tutorial on worg [2] with screenshots and all which
covers the basic usage of the tool. If you read it, feel free to post
some feedback on this thread.

There are still some things that need to be fixed before working on
other backends. Currently, conflicting merge are not handled properly.

I plan on writing backends for Redmine, Bugzilla, Google Code, Google
Task, Toodledo, Remember the milk.
But I may not have the time to do them all. What backends would you
like me to implement first? Something not in this list?

1: http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-sync.git
2: http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/gsoc2012/student-projects/org-sync/tutorial/

* Re: [GSoC] Org-sync
@ 2012-07-16 22:16 ` Bart Bunting
From: Bart Bunting @ 2012-07-16 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aurélien Aptel, emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Great work!

I would be very interested in a redmine backend.

Cheers

Bart

--

Kind regards

Bart

* Re: O[GSoC] Org-sync
@ 2012-07-19 13:35 ` Wes Hardaker
From: Wes Hardaker @ 2012-07-19 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Aurélien Aptel; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Aurélien Aptel <aurelien.aptel+emacs@gmail.com> writes:

> I plan on writing backends for Redmine, Bugzilla, Google Code, Google
> Task, Toodledo, Remember the milk.
> But I may not have the time to do them all. What backends would you
> like me to implement first? Something not in this list?

I think a RtM plugin would be fantastic and a good example of
synchronizing with generic todo lists that other random people would
find interesting (not just coders).

Personally, I haven't used RtM much but if there was a sync-to-it I
probably would start!
--
Wes Hardaker
My Pictures:  http://capturedonearth.com/

* Re: O[GSoC] Org-sync
@ 2012-07-19 13:45   ` Erik Mitchell
From: Erik Mitchell @ 2012-07-19 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wes Hardaker; +Cc: Aurélien Aptel, emacs-orgmode

>> I plan on writing backends for Redmine, Bugzilla, Google Code, Google
>> Task, Toodledo, Remember the milk.
>> But I may not have the time to do them all. What backends would you
>> like me to implement first? Something not in this list?

I've thought about writing adapters for Redmine, Jira, and Confluence.
Will you be posting your code anywhere?

-Erik

--
Erik K. Mitchell
erik.mitchell@gmail.com

* Re: O[GSoC] Org-sync
@ 2012-07-19 17:07     ` Suvayu Ali
From: Suvayu Ali @ 2012-07-19 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

@ 2012-07-20 11:50     ` Aurélien Aptel
From: Aurélien Aptel @ 2012-07-20 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Mitchell; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Erik Mitchell <erik.mitchell@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've thought about writing adapters for Redmine, Jira, and Confluence.

You can do it if you want but the API might change as I'm still
working on it. I would wait if I were you.

> Will you be posting your code anywhere?

http://orgmode.org/w/?p=org-sync.git;a=summary

* Re: O[GSoC] Org-sync
@ 2012-07-28 18:13   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-07-28 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wes Hardaker; +Cc: Aurélien Aptel, emacs-orgmode

Wes Hardaker <wjhns209@hardakers.net> writes:

> Aurélien Aptel <aurelien.aptel+emacs@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I plan on writing backends for Redmine, Bugzilla, Google Code, Google
>> Task, Toodledo, Remember the milk.
>> But I may not have the time to do them all. What backends would you
>> like me to implement first? Something not in this list?
>
> I think a RtM plugin would be fantastic and a good example of
> synchronizing with generic todo lists that other random people would
> find interesting (not just coders).

+1

Aurélien, feel free to start a RTM plugin :)

--
 Bastien