* Year or Month Agenda view without empty days
@ 2012-07-15 16:38 James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2012-07-15 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

If I set up a custom agenda command for 30 days, I get stuff like this:

Month-agenda (W28-W33):
Sunday     15 July 2012
Monday     16 July 2012 W29
Tuesday    17 July 2012
Wednesday  18 July 2012
Thursday   19 July 2012
  agenda_main:12:00...... Scheduled:  Sushi then Blueberry fest       :Trip2012::

The problem is, in MobileOrg, I see a list of days first, no indication which days have anything in them.

So I would like to have this agenda view include only days with items in them:

Month-agenda (W28-W33):
Thursday   19 July 2012
  agenda_main:12:00...... Scheduled:  Sushi then Blueberry fest       :Trip2012::

*Maybe* include "Monday     16 July 2012 W29" for the week number.

Then in M-org, I would know if I expand a day, that there's something inside.

Possible? The "customize" interface reveals no settings that would seem to apply.

hjh

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world
jamshark70@dewdrop-world.net

"Come said the Muse,
Sing me a song no poet has yet chanted,
Sing me the universal."  -- Whitman

* Re: Year or Month Agenda view without empty days
@ 2012-07-15 20:10 ` James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2012-07-15 20:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

At Sun, 15 Jul 2012 12:38:03 -0400,
James Harkins wrote:
> So I would like to have this agenda view include only days with items in them:
>
> Month-agenda (W28-W33):
> Thursday   19 July 2012
>   agenda_main:12:00...... Scheduled:  Sushi then Blueberry fest       :Trip2012::

Idea: I guess I can use org-finalize-agenda-hook.

The function would be something like (pseudocode):

(if (the buffer's first word is "month" or "year")
   (do a regexp-replace changing

^\(\(Sun\|Mond\|Tue\|Wed\|Thu\|Fri\|Sat\).*
\)*\(Sun\|Mond\|Tue\|Wed\|Thu\|Fri\|Sat\)

\3

))

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree -- if so, somebody stop me :) -- but it seems pretty straightforward, apart from learning enough emacs-lisp functions to do this. That shouldn't be too much time, but not today (other problems to beat my head against).

I'll write back if I get stuck.

James

--

@ 2012-07-16  9:31 ` François Allisson
From: François Allisson @ 2012-07-16  9:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Harkins; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Le dimanche 15 jui 2012 à 12:38:03 (-0400), James Harkins a écrit :
> If I set up a custom agenda command for 30 days, I get stuff like this:
>
> Month-agenda (W28-W33):
> Sunday     15 July 2012
> Monday     16 July 2012 W29
> Tuesday    17 July 2012
> Wednesday  18 July 2012
> Thursday   19 July 2012
>   agenda_main:12:00...... Scheduled:  Sushi then Blueberry fest       :Trip2012::
>
> The problem is, in MobileOrg, I see a list of days first, no indication which days have anything in them.
>
> So I would like to have this agenda view include only days with items in them:
>
> Month-agenda (W28-W33):
> Thursday   19 July 2012
>   agenda_main:12:00...... Scheduled:  Sushi then Blueberry fest       :Trip2012::
>
> *Maybe* include "Monday     16 July 2012 W29" for the week number.
>
> Then in M-org, I would know if I expand a day, that there's something inside.
>
> Possible? The "customize" interface reveals no settings that would seem to apply.

Hi James,

The variable org-agenda-show-all-dates is done for you (default value
"t"). Change its value for "nil" to show only the days with something
inside. Either in your custom agenda view, or globally in the
"customize" interface (Org Agenda -> Org Agenda Daily/Weekly -> Org
Agenda Show All Dates). (See also the new useful "doc" page on Worg:
http://orgmode.org/worg/doc.html#org-agenda-show-all-dates)

However, this does not answer the other part of your question, i.e.
include the Mondays for Week Numbers...

HTH,

François