Sorry the quoting was all wrong! Gmail was behaving weirdly. I wanted to quote the other message. On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 03:59, Nick Dokos wrote: > The case-fold-search problem is in > org-src.el:org-edit-src-code. case-fold-search is let-bound to t, but > the let form evaluates all the VARLIST forms before evaluating the > body, so the very next varlist > (case-fold-search t) > (info (org-edit-src-find-region-and-lang)) > ... > fails because in its evaluation, case-fold-search is still nil. > The solution is to use a let* form instead: just change the let on > line 216 to a let*. On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 09:41, suvayu ali wrote: > Yup, your analysis was spot on. :) Changing the let to let* and > reevaluating the defun fixed the issue. > > I hadn't grasped this subtlety about let*, dependencies on preceding > bindings hidden behind function calls! I am attaching the changes as a patch. Let me know if it is okay. Thanks, -- Suvayu Open source is the future. It sets us free.