* agenda view for TODOs without deadline and a certain tag
@ 2012-02-20 21:41 Renato
From: Renato @ 2012-02-20 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi, how can I make C-c a M (org-tags-view) respect the variable
org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines? What I want to do is list my active
TODOs which do not have a deadline and which do not have a certain tag.

kind regards,
renato

* Re: agenda view for TODOs without deadline and a certain tag
@ 2012-02-21  7:56 ` Renato
From: Renato @ 2012-02-21  7:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Renato; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 22:41:21 +0100
Renato <rennabh@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, how can I make C-c a M (org-tags-view) respect the variable
> org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines? What I want to do is list my active
> TODOs which do not have a deadline and which do not have a certain
> tag.

better still, I'd like for org-agenda-list to ignore entries with a
certain tag...

I don't know what's the best way to manage this, but I think it's a
pretty common thing... I've got lots of TODOs for example regarding
my computer software environment (find out how to do this in emacs,
check out this new window manager and so on) - which are all
tagged :computer: - and I really don't want to see those unless I have
an hour of spare time which I decide to dedicate to such things. I
don't want to see them next to "do the laundry" - that's much more
important.

cheers,

@ 2012-02-21 10:00   ` Brian van den Broek
From: Brian van den Broek @ 2012-02-21 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Renato; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 21 Feb 2012 09:59, "Renato" <rennabh@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Feb 2012 22:41:21 +0100
> Renato <rennabh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi, how can I make C-c a M (org-tags-view) respect the variable
> > org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines? What I want to do is list my active
> > TODOs which do not have a deadline and which do not have a certain
> > tag.
> >

> better still, I'd like for org-agenda-list to ignore entries with a
> certain tag...

<snip>

> pretty common thing... I've got lots of TODOs for example regarding
> my computer software environment (find

<snip>

> tagged :computer: - and I really don't want to see those unless I have
> an hour of spare time which I decide to dedicate to such things. I

<snip>

Hi Renato and all,

One simple solution, albeit not in the spirit of your question, is to keep
such tasks in an org file that is not an agenda file.

Best,

Brian vdB

* Re: agenda view for TODOs without deadline and a certain tag
@ 2012-02-21 22:33   ` Renato
From: Renato @ 2012-02-21 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Thum; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 23:36:27 +0100
Simon Thum <simon.thum@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Renato,
>
> one of my block agendas has
> 	(tags-todo "@work&TODO=\"TODO\"&SCHEDULED=\"\"&DEADLINE=\"\")
>
> i.e. lists todos which are tagged @work and aren't scheduled or
> deadlined.

thank you very much Simon, I added this to my .emacs:

(setq org-agenda-custom-commands
           '(("T" tags-todo
"TODO=\"TODO\"+SCHEDULED=\"\"+DEADLINE=\"\"-play-computer|bug" )))

and now I have exactly what I wanted (and learned more than something
on custom agenda views and tag/properties matching).

@ 2012-02-21 22:36 ` Simon Thum
From: Simon Thum @ 2012-02-21 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Renato; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Renato,

one of my block agendas has
	(tags-todo "@work&TODO=\"TODO\"&SCHEDULED=\"\"&DEADLINE=\"\")

i.e. lists todos which are tagged @work and aren't scheduled or deadlined.

I guess for interactive you have to unquote the "s.

HTH,

Simon

@ 2012-02-22  8:30     ` Thomas Holst
       [not found]       ` <20120222105410.26753a2a@gmail.com>
From: Thomas Holst @ 2012-02-22  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi,

· Renato <rennabh@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Feb 2012 23:36:27 +0100
> Simon Thum <simon.thum@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Hi Renato,
>>
>> one of my block agendas has
>> 	(tags-todo "@work&TODO=\"TODO\"&SCHEDULED=\"\"&DEADLINE=\"\")
>>
>> i.e. lists todos which are tagged @work and aren't scheduled or
>> deadlined.
>>

> thank you very much Simon, I added this to my .emacs:
>
> (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>            '(("T" tags-todo
> "TODO=\"TODO\"+SCHEDULED=\"\"+DEADLINE=\"\"-play-computer|bug" )))
>
> and now I have exactly what I wanted (and learned more than something
> on custom agenda views and tag/properties matching).

listing todo items which are not scheduled and don't have a deadline
works by setting

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
        '(("T" "Testing" tags-todo
           "TODO="TODO"+SCHEDULED=\"\"+DEADLINE=\"\"" nil)))
#+end_src

But not when I try to do it interactive:

C-c a m TODO="TODO"+SCHEDULED=""+DEADLINE="" <RET>

lists all todo items even if they are sheduled or have a deadline. I
also tried to escape the " or use "<>" but neither did work.

How would I achieve the same results as with the agenda custom command.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Thomas

@ 2012-02-22 10:20         ` Thomas Holst
From: Thomas Holst @ 2012-02-22 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Renato; +Cc: Holst Thomas (DGS-EC/ESE4), emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi,
· Renato <rennabh@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 09:30:07 +0100
> Thomas Holst <thomas.holst@de.bosch.com> wrote:
[ ... snip ... ]

>> listing todo items which are not scheduled and don't have a deadline
>> works by setting
>>
>> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
>>   (setq org-agenda-custom-commands
>>         '(("T" "Testing" tags-todo
>>            "TODO="TODO"+SCHEDULED=\"\"+DEADLINE=\"\"" nil)))
>> #+end_src
>>
>> But not when I try to do it interactive:
>>
>> C-c a m TODO="TODO"+SCHEDULED=""+DEADLINE="" <RET>
>>
>> lists all todo items even if they are sheduled or have a deadline. I
>> also tried to escape the " or use "<>" but neither did work.
>
> mmh, not sure, it is working for me here even with C-c a m... I really
> know nothing of elisp, but maybe it's something trivial like you
> mispelled something, or the TODOs are not in your agenda files? maybe
> try commenting stuff out of your .emacs...

well I tested with a minimal setup - and it works. So it must be
something in my setup.

I try to invetigate further when I have some time.

Sorry for the noise :-(