* org-refile returns 'invalid target location' when refiling to file root
@ 2011-11-27 19:50 Jonathon Anderson
From: Jonathon Anderson @ 2011-11-27 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

org-version 7.7

If I `C-c w` and attempt to refile a tree to the root of a file, the
minibuffer displays "invalid target location" and org-mode fails to
refile the tree.  This works as expected when refiling to a heading
within the same file, or if I have org-refile-use-outline-path set to
`file` rather than `full-file-path`.  (I have idential filenames in
different paths, so I need to use full-file-path.)

I expect this to work because of the documentation for
org-refile-use-outline-path.  Admittedly, this is under the heading of
the `file` value, but I see no reason why it shouldn't be consistent
across the two settings.

> In this case, you can also stop the completion after
> the file name, to get entries inserted as top level in the file.

Do let me know if there's more useful information I can provide.

~jonathon

Applicable `.emacs`:

(setq org-refile-targets
      '(
        (nil :todo . "PROJECT")
        (nil :maxlevel . 1)
        (org-files :maxlevel . 1)
        ))
(setq org-refile-allow-creating-parent-nodes t)
(setq org-refile-use-outline-path 'full-file-path)

* Re: org-refile returns 'invalid target location' when refiling to file root
@ 2011-11-28 17:44 ` Viktor Rosenfeld
From: Viktor Rosenfeld @ 2011-11-28 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathon Anderson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Jonathon,

I have this in my .emacs file, maybe it helps.

  (setq org-refile-allow-creating-parent-nodes (quote confirm))

Cheers,
Viktor

@ 2011-11-28 20:31   ` Jonathon Anderson
From: Jonathon Anderson @ 2011-11-28 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonathon Anderson, emacs-orgmode

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Viktor Rosenfeld
<listuser36@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I have this in my .emacs file, maybe it helps.
>
>  (setq org-refile-allow-creating-parent-nodes (quote confirm))

Yeah, I have that too.  Or, similar.

@ 2011-11-29  7:15     ` Viktor Rosenfeld
From: Viktor Rosenfeld @ 2011-11-29  7:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Jonathon Anderson wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 8:44 PM, Viktor Rosenfeld
> <listuser36@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > I have this in my .emacs file, maybe it helps.
> >
> >  (setq org-refile-allow-creating-parent-nodes (quote confirm))
>
> Yeah, I have that too.  Or, similar.

Sorry, don't know how I missed that in your last mail.

Cheers,
Viktor