From: Steve Revilak <steve@srevilak.net>
To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
Cc: 9610@debbugs.gnu.org, steve@srevilak.net
Subject: bug#9610: 24.0.90; org-mode: sluggish response and high CPU utilization with large .org files
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:47:45 -0400	[thread overview]

>> I'd like to report an org-mode regression issue.  When working with
>> large .org files, Emacs 24.0.90 becomes sluggish, and consumes large
>> amounts of CPU.

>If you type this:
>
>  M-x set-variable RET bidi-paragraph-direction RET left-to-right RET
>
>does the problem go away?

My bug report contained two scenarios to produce sluggish response and
high CPU utilization.  These scenarios were

  (1) move point to the end of buffer, and start typing

  (2) Put point in line 1, column zero; press and hold the down (then up)
  arrows to move point down (then up) the org-mode buffer.

Setting bidi-paragraph-direction: left-to-right eliminates the problem
with scenario (1).  However, it has no effect on scenario (2).

Steve