* help with capture template
@ 2011-09-14 10:58 Renato
From: Renato @ 2011-09-14 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hello, I have a computer.org file with this structure:

* Log
** [2011-09-12 Mon 17:34] update ...
** [2011-09-07 Wed 18:09] update ...
** TODO [2011-09-04 Sun 20:23] nouveau + pm-suspend -> black tty 	:bug:

I've been adding entries manually up to now. However I'd like to use
capture to make adding entries easier. I have this template:

("l" "System Log" entry (file+headline "~/Documents/org/computer.org"
"Log") "* %U %? \n %i\n")

which works, the only problem is that the entry gets added at the *bottom*
of the other level 2 headers, while I'd want it to be at the top
(such that the top entry is the latest date).

Any help on how I could modify the template?

cheers
renato

* Re: help with capture template
@ 2011-09-14 11:35 ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2011-09-14 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Renato; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi,

Try setting the :prepend property:

("l" "System Log" entry (file+headline "~/Documents/org/computer.org"
"Log") "* %U %? \n %i\n" :prepend t)

hth,
Christian

@ 2011-09-14 15:19   ` Renato
From: Renato @ 2011-09-14 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mail; +Cc: Org Mode

On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 13:35:19 +0200
Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Try setting the :prepend property:
>
> ("l" "System Log" entry (file+headline "~/Documents/org/computer.org"
> "Log") "* %U %? \n %i\n" :prepend t)
>
> hth,

yes, it helped. Thank you very much,

renato