On di 21-jun-2011 13:40 Marcel van der Boom wrote: >> You can also force the task state to DONE with a triple prefix (C-u >> C-u C-u C-c C-t d) which will ignore the blocking rules for this >> state change. > I think I'll use this, sounds the simplest for my usecase. On second thought, the patch is quite minimal, I've applied the attached patch in my branch which seems to do what I want. I'd obviously welcome this being applied in the main tree, but I can understand if it won't. What would be nice in general if the message that is produced contained a hint on why the entry was blocked by the system (children incomplete, sibling blocked etc.) Thanks everyone for the help. marcel -- Marcel van der Boom -- http://hsdev.com/mvdb.vcf HS-Development BV -- http://www.hsdev.com We use bitcoin! -- http://bitcoin.org