Hello everyone, On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 12:08:25 -0700 Suvayu Ali wrote: > On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 14:50:34 -0400 > Nick Dokos wrote: > > > I've tried to keep a neutral tone in (most of) the rest of > > the mail, but I have to say that I think clever hacks like this are > > too clever for their own good - they are at best an accident of > > implementation. The fact that the trick uses the placement option in > > order to change the font testifies to that. > > After the very clear description above, I agree 100%. I will remove my > addition to the manual and instead try to improve the #+ATTR_LaTeX: > documentation based on your code commentary. At the moment I am > facing a very important deadline for the 8th of June, I will submit a > revised patch after that. > I have attached a patch removing the hack from the manual and making some other small improvements to the latex export of images. However I did leave in one sentence regarding the placement option which alludes that a hack is possible. Please let me know if this is an improvement. > > They should certainly be documented as hacks on Worg, but I'm not > > sure they should be documented in the manual. Of course, it may > > happen that a really good hack (by some definition of "really > > good") should be elevated to a standard and documented in the > > manual, but IMO this one does not qualify. > > > > Along with the revisions for the manual, I will document my hack on > Worg. I made an account with repo.or.cz. I will soon push the changes documenting the hack on Worg. -- Suvayu Open source is the future. It sets us free.