From: Marcel van der Boom <marcel@hsdev.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Continuation of main section text after subsections
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 18:17:00 +0200	[thread overview]

On ma 18-apr-2011 11:34
"Colin Fraizer" <orgmode@cfraizer.com> wrote:

> Was there ever a conclusion from this discussion?

My personal conclusion was, given proper outlining and no or very few
assumptions about indentation preferences, it would be very difficult or
confusing to implement.

The amount of alternatives given in the thread gave me enough food for
a while to try out if those would be sufficient. So far, the inline
tasks (see below) seem to fit my need the best, although their use
feels a bit like a hack to me.

> I think I want something very similar to what Mr. van der Boom
> requested. I have outlines that contain varying amounts of text
> (paragraphs) and then, to avoid forgetting some task, I add a TODO
> item somewhere in the middle. That TODO item absorbs all the text
> following it until the next headline at the same or higher level.

This specific functionality might be already available by using
the 'inline tasks' I mentioned above See the function
'org-inlinetask-insert-task'.

marcel

--
Marcel van der Boom  -- http://hsdev.com/mvdb.vcf