emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* gnowsys-mode update?
@ 2011-03-18 14:55 Martin Weigele
  2011-03-19 11:19 ` Nagarjuna G
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Martin Weigele @ 2011-03-18 14:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

I've run into some texts about "gnowsys" as a major mode extending org,

e.g. 
- http://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/Publications/CEUR-WS/Vol-514/paper12.pdf
- http://lab.gnowledge.org/documentation

which seems to be about linking org-mode to semantic web ideas like OWL.

But it seems also there is nothing much to be found after 2009. 

Is this still an active thing going on on top of orgmode?

If not what happened to it? 

Any hints greatly appreciated.

Martin

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: gnowsys-mode update?
  2011-03-18 14:55 gnowsys-mode update? Martin Weigele
@ 2011-03-19 11:19 ` Nagarjuna G
  2011-03-19 22:33   ` Martin Weigele
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Nagarjuna G @ 2011-03-19 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Weigele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Martin Weigele <martin@weigele.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've run into some texts about "gnowsys" as a major mode extending org,
>
> e.g.
> - http://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/Publications/CEUR-WS/Vol-514/paper12.pdf
> - http://lab.gnowledge.org/documentation
>
> which seems to be about linking org-mode to semantic web ideas like OWL.
>
> But it seems also there is nothing much to be found after 2009.
>
> Is this still an active thing going on on top of orgmode?

yes.  we still maintain it and runs well on top of and depends on orgmode.

>
> If not what happened to it?
>
> Any hints greatly appreciated.
>

Yes.  We use the gnowsys-mode interface for sites running using
gnowsys.  So far this is the only complete interface for gnowsys.
Mostly used by the developers and those who maintain the sites, such
as atlas.gnowledge.org

Currently we are exporting the knowledge base only as RDF statements.
OWL export and import are not yet written.

The work stalled since the developer who knows elisp in our team is no
longer very active.  We still need to fix some bugs.

I am glad that somewhere some one is interested in this project.  It
is very encouraging.  Let me know what kind of usecase you have
thought about for using gnowsys-mode.

--
GN

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: gnowsys-mode update?
  2011-03-19 11:19 ` Nagarjuna G
@ 2011-03-19 22:33   ` Martin Weigele
  2011-03-20  0:12     ` brian powell
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Martin Weigele @ 2011-03-19 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Nagarjuna G

Thank you very much Nagarjuna G - 

Am Samstag, 19. März 2011, 12:19:46 schrieb Nagarjuna G:
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Martin Weigele <martin@weigele.de> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > 
> > I've run into some texts about "gnowsys" as a major mode extending org,
> > 
>...
>...
> Yes.  We use the gnowsys-mode interface for sites running using
> gnowsys.  So far this is the only complete interface for gnowsys.
> Mostly used by the developers and those who maintain the sites, such
> as atlas.gnowledge.org
>
 
OK I understand now the starting point to understand gnowsys, and, hence,
for gnowsys on top of orgmode is
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnowsys .

This is so great.

> I am glad that somewhere some one is interested in this project.  It
> is very encouraging.  Let me know what kind of usecase you have
> thought about for using gnowsys-mode.
> 
The project is even in pre-infancy state, but it is about using such
modelling to understand and learn structures in humanities (for me coming from
a CS background). 

Martin

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: gnowsys-mode update?
  2011-03-19 22:33   ` Martin Weigele
@ 2011-03-20  0:12     ` brian powell
  2011-03-20 18:16       ` Divya
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: brian powell @ 2011-03-20  0:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Weigele; +Cc: Nagarjuna G, emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1647 bytes --]

I too am interested in gnowsys-mode and have been meaning to look more
deeply into it.

I remember reviewing gnowsys-mode and it looked very interesting and related
to the "semantic web" and there was a semantic web workshop in Reston, VA
recently--gnowsys-mode was on the agenda.

THere may be some exciting apps one could make with a mashup with org-mode
and gnowsys-mode (with one or the other as an emacs sub/"minor-mode").



On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 6:33 PM, Martin Weigele <martin@weigele.de> wrote:

> Thank you very much Nagarjuna G -
>
> Am Samstag, 19. März 2011, 12:19:46 schrieb Nagarjuna G:
> > On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Martin Weigele <martin@weigele.de>
> wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I've run into some texts about "gnowsys" as a major mode extending org,
> > >
> >...
> >...
> > Yes.  We use the gnowsys-mode interface for sites running using
> > gnowsys.  So far this is the only complete interface for gnowsys.
> > Mostly used by the developers and those who maintain the sites, such
> > as atlas.gnowledge.org
> >
>
> OK I understand now the starting point to understand gnowsys, and, hence,
> for gnowsys on top of orgmode is
> http://www.gnu.org/software/gnowsys .
>
> This is so great.
>
> > I am glad that somewhere some one is interested in this project.  It
> > is very encouraging.  Let me know what kind of usecase you have
> > thought about for using gnowsys-mode.
> >
> The project is even in pre-infancy state, but it is about using such
> modelling to understand and learn structures in humanities (for me coming
> from
> a CS background).
>
> Martin
>
>

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 2362 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: gnowsys-mode update?
  2011-03-20  0:12     ` brian powell
@ 2011-03-20 18:16       ` Divya
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Divya @ 2011-03-20 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: brian powell; +Cc: Nagarjuna G, Martin Weigele, emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2267 bytes --]

Hello

Thanks everyone for your interest  in the project. It is indeed designed to
adhere with semantic web, designed on top of GNOWSYS. Org-mode made it all
very simple for representing the entire concept inside emacs in a text based
format. Please feel free to use it and let me know if any help required. I
would appreciate your efforts to test and report any bugs found and also any
features that you would like to be incorpated in it.

On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 5:42 AM, brian powell <briangpowellms@gmail.com>wrote:

> I too am interested in gnowsys-mode and have been meaning to look more
> deeply into it.
>
> I remember reviewing gnowsys-mode and it looked very interesting and
> related to the "semantic web" and there was a semantic web workshop in
> Reston, VA recently--gnowsys-mode was on the agenda.
>
> THere may be some exciting apps one could make with a mashup with org-mode
> and gnowsys-mode (with one or the other as an emacs sub/"minor-mode").
>
>
>
> On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 6:33 PM, Martin Weigele <martin@weigele.de> wrote:
>
>> Thank you very much Nagarjuna G -
>>
>> Am Samstag, 19. März 2011, 12:19:46 schrieb Nagarjuna G:
>> > On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Martin Weigele <martin@weigele.de>
>> wrote:
>> > > Hi all,
>> > >
>> > > I've run into some texts about "gnowsys" as a major mode extending
>> org,
>> > >
>> >...
>> >...
>> > Yes.  We use the gnowsys-mode interface for sites running using
>> > gnowsys.  So far this is the only complete interface for gnowsys.
>> > Mostly used by the developers and those who maintain the sites, such
>> > as atlas.gnowledge.org
>> >
>>
>> OK I understand now the starting point to understand gnowsys, and, hence,
>> for gnowsys on top of orgmode is
>> http://www.gnu.org/software/gnowsys .
>>
>> This is so great.
>>
>> > I am glad that somewhere some one is interested in this project.  It
>> > is very encouraging.  Let me know what kind of usecase you have
>> > thought about for using gnowsys-mode.
>> >
>> The project is even in pre-infancy state, but it is about using such
>> modelling to understand and learn structures in humanities (for me coming
>> from
>> a CS background).
>>
>> Martin
>>
>>
>


-- 
Cheers
Divya

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 3287 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2011-03-20 18:16 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2011-03-18 14:55 gnowsys-mode update? Martin Weigele
2011-03-19 11:19 ` Nagarjuna G
2011-03-19 22:33   ` Martin Weigele
2011-03-20  0:12     ` brian powell
2011-03-20 18:16       ` Divya

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).