* 2nd clone of Org-mode for Vim
@ 2011-02-22 20:57 Jan Christoph Ebersbach
From: Jan Christoph Ebersbach @ 2011-02-22 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I guess it all started with the FLOSS podcast done by Carsten Dominik.
Thanks for that. It was the first time I heard about Org-mode.

Herbert Sitz announced a first implementation last year
(http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/33226). As far as I can
tell a lot of people got attracted and are following the development at
github.

Around the same time I started implementing Org-mode for vim as well,
without knowing about Herbert's implementation. In essence, it's aiming
at the same goal. A bigger difference though is the implementation
language - it's Python, not VimL and I built it to be easily extendable.
Apart from that, vim-orgmode integrates well with other Vim plugins like
taglist and repeat.

If you are interested, you can access the code at
https://github.com/jceb/vim-orgmode or send an e-mail if you have any
further questions.

Greetings,

Jan Christoph
--
Jan Christoph Ebersbach
But by the grace of God I am what I am. 1. Cor 15,10

* Re: 2nd clone of Org-mode for Vim
@ 2011-02-26 16:27 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-02-26 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Christoph Ebersbach; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Jan,

Jan Christoph Ebersbach <jceb@e-jc.de> writes:

> If you are interested, you can access the code at
> https://github.com/jceb/vim-orgmode or send an e-mail if you have any
> further questions.

I haven't tested it yet, but it's great to have so many clones.

What would be useful for us poor emacs-only users would be to have a
screencast demonstrating the functionalities you implemented.  It will
let us know where you are and where you go.  Herbert's screencasts were
quite useful in that regard.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: 2nd clone of Org-mode for Vim
@ 2011-03-01 20:38   ` Jan Christoph Ebersbach
From: Jan Christoph Ebersbach @ 2011-03-01 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastian,

Thanks for your reply. I definitively want to do some screencasts, too.
The next thing for me is to define a number of milestones for the
project.

Btw, are you a vim user or have you used Herbert's VimOrganizer?

Greetings,

Jan Christoph

--
Jan Christoph Ebersbach
But by the grace of God I am what I am. 1. Cor 15,10

* Re: Re: 2nd clone of Org-mode for Vim
@ 2011-03-02 17:18     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-03-02 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Christoph Ebersbach; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Jan,

Jan Christoph Ebersbach <jceb@e-jc.de> writes:

> Thanks for your reply. I definitively want to do some screencasts,
> too.

That'd be really nice.

> The next thing for me is to define a number of milestones for the
> project.
>
> Btw, are you a vim user or have you used Herbert's VimOrganizer?

I'm a very newbie vi(m) user (just know the basics).

But I will for sure learn more if it lets me use an .org file!

Thanks for your work and good luck :)

--
 Bastien