* github: (partial) support for Org-mode files
@ 2011-10-09 13:40 Karl Voit
From: Karl Voit @ 2011-10-09 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi!

Some of you might have already noticed that github[1] does provide
some basic support[2] for Org-mode files. Therefore you can use

I started to use Org-mode format for readme files recently[3]. I
realized, that there is only partial support of Org-mode syntax on
github.

In order to test those settings I ended up in committing various
tests in my project just to look how github presents my readme file.

Today I created a simple github project for testing purposes (only):

            https://github.com/novoid/github-orgmode-tests

Probably you might have the very same demand for testing and want to
join me in using this Org-mode-github test repository instead of
creating one for your own :-)

PS: is there an already existing Org-mode demofile containing all
basic syntax examples?

  1. http://github.com
  2. https://github.com/github/markup#readme
  3. https://github.com/novoid/Memacs
--
Karl Voit

* Re: github: (partial) support for Org-mode files
@ 2011-10-09 14:06 ` Puneeth Chaganti
From: Puneeth Chaganti @ 2011-10-09 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: news1142; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Karl,

Org-mode support in GitHub is provided by the package org-ruby[1][2].
Looking at the source code and test-cases here would give you a fair
idea of what is supported and what is not.  Also, the version of
org-ruby presently deployed on GitHub is a bit old, and the latest
release comes with quite a few fixes and new features.

One of us could probably write to GitHub, asking them to update the
package being deployed.  I tried contacting them on twitter a few
weeks back, but didn't work.

Thanks,
Puneeth

[1] - https://github.com/bdewey/org-ruby
[2] - http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2011-09/msg00067.html

--
Puneeth

* Re: github: (partial) support for Org-mode files
@ 2011-10-09 14:21   ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-10-09 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Puneeth Chaganti; +Cc: news1142, emacs-orgmode

FYI,