* MobileOrg Android 0.4.5
@ 2010-11-21 23:25 Matthew Jones
From: Matthew Jones @ 2010-11-21 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org

For those interested, I have released MobileOrg Android 0.4.5 to the Market
(search for "MobileOrg") and for direct download here:
http://matburt.net/files/mobileorg-release.apk

New features for this reldease include:
- Now Supports editings and synchronizing TODO and Priority changes
- Obey checksums.dat this should make synchronizing a lot faster
- Rework the UI and show more information about each entry (including
Priority and Due/Scheduled date)
- Close some bugs

The big new feature is being able to change TODO states and Priorities and
have those synchronize back to emacs.

For 0.5 here is what is planned:
- Implement Dropbox and a generalized synchronization API to make it easy to
develop modules that will recognize other storage mechanisms
- Support editing Title and Body
- Completely Revamp UI
- Better document Display
- Search support
- Implement Widget preferences and extend the Widget functionality

I know that a lot of people are most interested in Dropbox support so that
is what I am focusing on right now.  There is already some limited Dropbox
support by using the Android Dropbox app to pull the files onto your SDCard
and then use MobileOrg to synchronize them but this is a very manual process
and not ideal.

I also feel strongly about completely revamping the UI, it could look a lot
better and be a lot easier to use.

As always, if you find any bugs feel free to report them directly to me or
use the bug tracking system here:
https://github.com/matburt/mobileorg-android/issues

If you need any help or have any questions you can ask here or send me an
email directly.

* Re: MobileOrg Android 0.4.5
@ 2010-11-23 16:49 ` Rémi Vanicat
From: Rémi Vanicat @ 2010-11-23 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Since  I upgrade to the 0.4.5 version of MobileOrg for android, I've
some new bugs with it: wen entering a sub item with no todo part, it
will fail. Something like the following example is enough.

* Notes
** Le petit cours d’autodéfense intellectuelle			     :ATTACH:
   [[~/org/data/qs/h4wq80kne0/Chroniques_de_Normand_Baillargeon.pdf][Chroniques]]
   :PROPERTIES:
   :Attachments: Chroniques_de_Normand_Baillargeon.pdf
   :ID:       qsh4wq80kne0
   :END:
** Sophisme
   - Ad hominem ::
     attaquer la personne qui argue plutôt que l'argument.
   - Argument d'autorité ::
     Argument mettant de l'avant des conséquences défavorables ­
     mettre de la pression sur qui doit prendre une décision en
     rappelant les conséquences terribles pour lui d'une certaine
     décision .
   - Appel à l'ignorance ::
     l'absence de preuve ou de témoignage n'est pas la preuve ou le
     témoignage que ce qui est recherché n'existe pas.

--
Rémi Vanicat

* Re: MobileOrg Android 0.4.5
@ 2010-12-08 16:12 ` Gour
From: Gour @ 2010-12-08 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 18:25:34 -0500

Hello Matthew,

Matthew> For those interested, I have released MobileOrg Android 0.4.5
Matthew> to the Market (search for "MobileOrg") and for direct download
Matthew> here: http://matburt.net/files/mobileorg-release.apk

I am considering to buy some mid-range Android phone since there are
no (yet) Meego devices (except N900 for Maemo), and they will
probably be quite expensive when they come out.

I'd like to use MobileOrg and I'm curios what would you recommend
between:

a) Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 and

b) SE X10 Mini Pro or

c) some other model?

Afaict, X10 Mini Pro won't get support for 2.2 (soon), so I'm curious
if running Android 2.2 phone is advantageous for MobileOrg app?

Besides MobileOrg, I'd like to have some decent email client with IMAP
support, would do some surfing with the browser and possible some
Skype/SIP VoIP calls (investigating about Sipdroid)....

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: CDBF17CA

* Re: Re: MobileOrg Android 0.4.5
@ 2010-12-09 18:31   ` Matthew Jones
From: Matthew Jones @ 2010-12-09 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gour; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hey Gour, it's hard for me to recommend a device to anyone since they are
usually based on regional availability and personal tastes.   You should
know that MobileOrg works exactly the same on all devices from Android 1.5 -
2.2+ and, unless things are going to change dramatically, I wouldn't expect
it to work any different on 2.3+

There are some things that I really like to have... like a physical
keyboard, and I require the ability to root the phone and have the option of
installing whatever ROM I see fit.

Having said that, my wife just got a Samsung Fascinate (Verizon's Galaxy S)
and it is a killer phone... other parts of the world may be able to get one
with a front facing camera, which is pretty slick.

Whatever device you get it is likely to come with the Gmail and regular
email app.... I don't think you can buy an Android phone that will not at
least let you set up an IMAP/POP/Exchange email account on.

I have no need to use Skype or any VOIP provider so I can't comment on that.

http://matburt.net

@ 2010-12-10  5:31     ` Gour
From: Gour @ 2010-12-10  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 13:31:53 -0500

Matthew> Hey Gour, it's hard for me to recommend a device to anyone
Matthew> since they are usually based on regional availability and
Matthew> You should know that MobileOrg works
Matthew> exactly the same on all devices from Android 1.5 - 2.2+ and,
Matthew> unless things are going to change dramatically, I wouldn't
Matthew> expect it to work any different on 2.3+

That's nice to hear.

Matthew> There are some things that I really like to have... like a
Matthew> physical keyboard, and I require the ability to root the phone
Matthew> and have the option of installing whatever ROM I see fit.

I'm not sure about the latter, but having keyboard is also appealing
to me and yesterday I found out about the new Samsung Galaxy 551
(something like Galaxy 3 with qwerty.)

Matthew> Having said that, my wife just got a Samsung Fascinate
Matthew> (Verizon's Galaxy S) and it is a killer phone...

It's available here as well, but I'm curious if Swype is decent
replacement for a keyboard?

Matthew> Whatever device you get it is likely to come with the Gmail
Matthew> and regular email app.... I don't think you can buy an Android
Matthew> phone that will not at least let you set up an
Matthew> IMAP/POP/Exchange email account on.

Good...and I avoid using Gmail...

Thank you for your input and, of course, for giving us MobileOrg. ;)

Sincerely,
Gour

--

@ 2010-12-10  7:11       ` Matthew Jones
From: Matthew Jones @ 2010-12-10  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gour; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

No problem, I enjoy the project immensely.   Regarding Swype... I personally
can't stand it, I think it would be better if there were some visual
indication of what letter I was hovering over when dragging between them,
but that's my personal taste.... most people I know who use it, my wife
included, like it a lot more than the default keyboard.

I have an original Droid which is an amazing phone, even a year and half
after purchasing it.  I'm currently having an issue with it where I seem to
have lost touch sensitivity on the rightmost edge of the screen that is a
few centimeters wide... it doesn't prevent me from sliding to unlock or
anything like that, but it does keep me from hitting some of the rightmost
keys on the soft keyboard... it makes me really glad I have the hardware
keyboard now.

http://matburt.net

@ 2010-12-10  7:26         ` Gour
From: Gour @ 2010-12-10  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)