* Export bug?
@ 2010-10-19 23:10 Alan L Tyree
From: Alan L Tyree @ 2010-10-19 23:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I can't find anything about this in the manual. Is it a bug?

These lines:

"Victoria v Permewan Wright & Co Ltd/ (1914) 19 CLR 457 said (at
467) that the words were a "danger signal" to anyone who dealt with
the cheque."

export as though the "467)" was the beginning of an enumerated list. It
happens in both XHTML and LaTeX export as in the following fragment:

" Co Ltd} (1914) 19 CLR 457 said (at
\begin{enumerate}
\item that the words were a ``danger signal'' to anyone who dealt with
\end{enumerate}"

Thanks for any advice,
Alan

Tel:  04 2748 6206

* Re: Export bug?
@ 2010-10-19 23:16 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2010-10-19 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan L Tyree; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Alan L Tyree <alantyree@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't find anything about this in the manual. Is it a bug?
>
> These lines:
>
> "Victoria v Permewan Wright & Co Ltd/ (1914) 19 CLR 457 said (at
> 467) that the words were a "danger signal" to anyone who dealt with
> the cheque."
>
> export as though the "467)" was the beginning of an enumerated list. It
> happens in both XHTML and LaTeX export as in the following fragment:
>
> " Co Ltd} (1914) 19 CLR 457 said (at
> \begin{enumerate}
> \item that the words were a ``danger signal'' to anyone who dealt with
> \end{enumerate}"

Maybe, but it's easy to work around: fix tha bad line break :-)

"Victoria v Permewan Wright & Co Ltd/ (1914) 19 CLR 457 said (at 467)
that the words were a "danger signal" to anyone who dealt with
the cheque."

Nick

* Re: Export bug?
@ 2010-10-19 23:27   ` Alan L Tyree
From: Alan L Tyree @ 2010-10-19 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 19:16:35 -0400
Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> wrote:

> Alan L Tyree <alantyree@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I can't find anything about this in the manual. Is it a bug?
> >
> > These lines:
> >
> > "Victoria v Permewan Wright & Co Ltd/ (1914) 19 CLR 457 said (at
> > 467) that the words were a "danger signal" to anyone who dealt with
> > the cheque."
> >
> > export as though the "467)" was the beginning of an enumerated
> > list. It happens in both XHTML and LaTeX export as in the following
> > fragment:
> >
> > " Co Ltd} (1914) 19 CLR 457 said (at
> > \begin{enumerate}
> > \item that the words were a ``danger signal'' to anyone who dealt
> > with \end{enumerate}"
> >

> Maybe, but it's easy to work around: fix tha bad line break :-)

Well, yes, but in my writing I have lots of these. I'm sure that I can
devise a small function to fix it up, but it seems a trap for young
players.

> "Victoria v Permewan Wright & Co Ltd/ (1914) 19 CLR 457 said (at 467)
> that the words were a "danger signal" to anyone who dealt with
> the cheque."
>
> Nick

Tel:  04 2748 6206