On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 12:40:34AM +0200, Sebastian Rose wrote: > Aidan Gauland writes: > > Sebastian Rose gmx.de> writes: > >> It would be a bug. > >> > >> But I cannot reproduce it (current Org mode from git, emacs24). > > > > I just figured out why: I store all my images in ~/images/ and just > > have symbolic links to them in my Org website directory. > > > > Can you reproduce it now that you have this piece of information? > > > Ah, OK. That might be because of some call to > > (file-truename file...) > > or similar. `file-truename' removes symbolic links in filenames. > > Functions like this are called to make sure, the file is published only > if needed (i.e. the file has changed since last export). > > I'm not sure currently if it's clever to remove such calls (see > lisp/org-publish.el and search `file-truename'). What if `file-truename' was used only to get the path of the actual file to copy, but the (relative) path of the link is used as the destination? --Aidan