* org-drill : automatic recognition of double entries
@ 2010-09-15  7:54 Detlef Steuer
From: Detlef Steuer @ 2010-09-15  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Paul Sexton

I'm now using org-drll to learn some vocabulary.
Very nice package, especially together with org-capture.

After capturing words for some time it happens to catch a word as new
for a second time. But as is the nature of unknown vocabulary you
do not remember all those new words error free.

Has anybody an idea how to recognise automatically, if a word was already entered in the vocabulary.org file?

Best would be if it checked the existence of a word during the capturing process.

My capturing template looks like this:

  ("w" "Vocabulary" entry (file+headline "~/Norwegisch/norwegisch.org" "Vokabeln
") "* Wort \n:PROPERTIES:\n:DRILL_CARD_TYPE: twosided\n:END:\n\n**** norsk\n%^ \
n**** deutsch \n%^"))

So I'd would like to be noticed  of a doubled entry just after having
filled in  the first %^ .

Any ideas for a refined workflow appreciated.

Detlef

* Re: org-drill : automatic recognition of double entries
@ 2011-01-04 16:41 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-01-04 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Detlef Steuer; +Cc: Paul Sexton, emacs-orgmode

Detlef Steuer <detlef.steuer@gmx.de> writes:

> My capturing template looks like this:
>
>   ("w" "Vocabulary" entry (file+headline "~/Norwegisch/norwegisch.org" "Vokabeln
> ") "* Wort \n:PROPERTIES:\n:DRILL_CARD_TYPE: twosided\n:END:\n\n**** norsk\n%^ \
> n**** deutsch \n%^"))
>
> So I'd would like to be noticed  of a doubled entry just after having
> filled in  the first %^ .
>
> Any ideas for a refined workflow appreciated.

The only direction I can think of is to try to temporarily advise
org-capture so that it performs the check you need before creating
the capture buffer.  But that requires some elisp skills...

--
 Bastien