* clock resolver never stops if task hasn't been clocked before
@ 2010-02-28  7:31 Simon Campese
From: Simon Campese @ 2010-02-28  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I just noticed a bug in the clock resolver while testing its
functionality which can be reproduced as follows:

  - Start the clock on a task which doesn't contain any clocked time
    (i.e. no clock-entries in the :LOGBOOK: property).

  - Leave emacs idle until the resolver gets active (I set my
    'org-clock-idle-time' to '1', maybe that's the cause of the bug)

  - Cancel the clock altogether (i.e. choose 'C' in the resolver), so
    that any clock information gets erased from the tasks'
    :LOGBOOK:.

  - If you now leave emacs idle again, the resolver gets active
    although no clock is running

At first I thought that this has something to do with my rather
unusual setting of 'org-clock-idle-time' to '1', but this can also be
reproduced with other settings (though I must confess that I just
tested a value of '2' additionally).

Unfortunately I'm an elisp-illiterate so that I can not look into it
myself.

Kind regards,

Simon

* Re: clock resolver never stops if task hasn't been clocked before
@ 2010-03-11 17:22 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-03-11 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Simon Campese; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Simon,

somehow I don't seem to be able to reproduce this bug.  Maybe I don't
have some of your settings?  How about a minimal file and a
minimal .emacs, or a full bug report according to the manual?

- Carsten

On Feb 28, 2010, at 8:31 AM, Simon Campese wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just noticed a bug in the clock resolver while testing its
> functionality which can be reproduced as follows:
>
>  - Start the clock on a task which doesn't contain any clocked time
>    (i.e. no clock-entries in the :LOGBOOK: property).
>
>  - Leave emacs idle until the resolver gets active (I set my
>    'org-clock-idle-time' to '1', maybe that's the cause of the bug)
>
>  - Cancel the clock altogether (i.e. choose 'C' in the resolver), so
>    that any clock information gets erased from the tasks'
>    :LOGBOOK:.
>
>  - If you now leave emacs idle again, the resolver gets active
>    although no clock is running
>

> At first I thought that this has something to do with my rather
> unusual setting of 'org-clock-idle-time' to '1', but this can also be
> reproduced with other settings (though I must confess that I just
> tested a value of '2' additionally).
>
> Unfortunately I'm an elisp-illiterate so that I can not look into it
> myself.
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Simon

- Carsten