* Bug: Scope by tag in clock report dynamic blocks [6.33f]
@ 2010-01-29 15:15 Christoph LANGE
From: Christoph LANGE @ 2010-01-29 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

--text follows this line--

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.

Dear developers, this is actually a feature request.  What is the right way to
submit it?

I'm using Org-mode to keep track of my working time.  I have a tree of tasks
and subtasks, and there are currently normal tasks, important tasks, and very
important tasks, where I'm distinguishing the latter two ones by tags.  (Maybe
I should rather use priorities instead, but clock reports don't support them
either, and not all tasks are TODOs.)

At the end of the week, I would like to get an overview of how much time I
spent on normal/important/very important tasks.  The total time (throughout
the whole file) is all I need, but why not also optionally have a detailed
breakdown?  So a clock report dynamic block would be the thing I need, but
then I would like to select its scope not by file or tree, but by tag.  I.e.
that all tasks that match a given tag search string would be considered.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.16.6)
 of 2010-01-22 on localhost
Package: Org-mode version 6.33f

current state:
==============
(setq
 org-after-todo-state-change-hook '(org-clock-out-if-current)
 org-export-preprocess-hook '(org-export-blocks-preprocess)
 org-tab-first-hook '(org-hide-block-toggle-maybe)
 org-src-mode-hook '(org-src-mode-configure-edit-buffer)
 org-confirm-shell-link-function 'yes-or-no-p
 org-agenda-before-write-hook '(org-agenda-add-entry-text)
 org-cycle-hook '(org-cycle-hide-archived-subtrees org-cycle-hide-drawers
		  org-cycle-show-empty-lines org-optimize-window-after-visibility-change)
 org-mode-hook '(#[nil "\300\301\302\303\304$\207"
		   [org-add-hook change-major-mode-hook org-show-block-all append local]
		   5]
		 )
 org-confirm-elisp-link-function 'yes-or-no-p
 org-occur-hook '(org-first-headline-recenter)
 org-clock-idle-time 10
 )

* Re: Bug: Scope by tag in clock report dynamic blocks [6.33f]
@ 2010-01-29 15:48 ` Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2010-01-29 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christoph LANGE; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Christoph LANGE <ch.lange@jacobs-university.de> writes:

> At the end of the week, I would like to get an overview of how much time I
> spent on normal/important/very important tasks.  The total time (throughout
> the whole file) is all I need, but why not also optionally have a detailed
> breakdown?  So a clock report dynamic block would be the thing I need, but
> then I would like to select its scope not by file or tree, but by tag.  I.e.
> that all tasks that match a given tag search string would be considered.

what about:
overview of the file
C-c \ :important:
C-c C-x C-d

However I don't know how to save/export such data.

cheers,
Giovanni

* Re: Bug: Scope by tag in clock report dynamic blocks [6.33f]
@ 2010-02-01 12:18   ` Christoph LANGE
From: Christoph LANGE @ 2010-02-01 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Giovanni Ridolfi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org