Hi all, I'm new to Org, but I fell in love with it quite quickly :-) As my mail user agent has nothing to do with Emacs---it is Mutt---I was envy to integrate it with Org, and I've actually done that. With this mail, I'm wondering whether there were past/alternative success stories about Mutt <-> Org integration (I've found nothing on the Web). Also, if you like the proposed way to integration, I'm looking forward for advices on where to document it so that other people can take inspiration (and avoid reinventing wheels, as I might have done). Mutt <-> Org integration ------------------------ The link between Mutt and Org is the Message-ID of emails that I store in a set of recursive Maildirs. Those mails are indexed by mu (http://code.google.com/p/mu0/), an alternative to mairix and nmzmail that I find more convenient. Just in case you wonder, mail indexes are updated regularly with the following cron entry (which takes just a few seconds, usually): 31 */2 * * * on_ac_power && mu-index -q The attached script mutt-open is able to fire up Mutt on a message specified by Message-ID (or path, FWIW) by looking it up via mu-find. After finding the path, the script basically guesses the corresponding Maildir, run mutt on it, and by sending some keys (via the "push" command) open the given mail. From Org-mode, I can then follow "mutt:" links by using the following in my Emacs conf: ;; add support for "mutt:ID" links (org-add-link-type "mutt" 'open-mail-in-mutt) (defun open-mail-in-mutt (message) "Open a mail message in Mutt, inside a terminal. Message can be specified either by a path pointing inside a Maildir, or by Message-ID." (interactive "MPath or Message-ID: ") (shell-command (concat (format "x-terminal-emulator -e \"%s %s\"" (substitute-in-file-name "$HOME/bin/mutt-open") message)))) Finally, I've a macro to remember in Org a mail that I'm reading in mutt: macro index \eR "|~/bin/remember-mail\n" The corresponding script remember-mail is in attachment. It just extracts from the piped mail the needed info to invoke Org protocol appropriately via emacsclient. The corresponding remember template is trivially as follows: ("Mail" ?m "* %?\n\n Source: %u, %c\n %i" nil "Note (mail)") Any comment is welcome! -- Stefano Zacchiroli -o- PhD in Computer Science \ PostDoc @ Univ. Paris 7 zack@{upsilon.cc,pps.jussieu.fr,debian.org} -<>- http://upsilon.cc/zack/ Dietro un grande uomo c'è ..| . |. Et ne m'en veux pas si je te tutoie sempre uno zaino ...........| ..: |.... Je dis tu à tous ceux que j'aime