* org-export-as-freemind writes *.mm files that freemind (0.8.1) cannot read
@ 2009-09-16 16:04 Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
From: Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs @ 2009-09-16 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I wanted to get a different view on my document so I thought I'll try
the freemind export.

Unfortunately when I try to open a document exported from org to
freemind I either just get a window "An error occured while trying to
open...", or I get nothing at all and lots of Java backtraces in the
console.

If anyone wants to debug this, I can provide the backtraces and more
information. Otherwise feel free to just ignore this mail ;) (Yay for
non-actionable things...)

Kind regards
     Friedel
--
        Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@nomaden.org>
                             TauPan on Ircnet and Freenode ;)

* Re: org-export-as-freemind writes *.mm files that freemind (0.8.1) cannot read
@ 2009-09-19  7:33 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-09-19  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

There is some discussion about this here:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/FreeMind

@ 2009-09-19 10:41   ` Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
From: Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs @ 2009-09-19 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

Carsten Dominik schrieb:
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/FreeMind
---Zitatende---

Interesting. I was talking about the org-freemind package in the
contrib dir of org. The emacswiki page talks about a completely
different library.

To make this one work, I have to convert my org file to oddeven levels
(since it checks if the level step is > 1), but then I can just open
the resulting freemind file with freemind 0.9.0~rc4 (from the
experimental branch of the debian repository).

So: Yay! Thanks! ;)

Maybe it would be worth considering to add this to the org-mode
documentation. Since it's already part of nxhtml it would probably be
useless to add it to org's contrib dir.

--
        Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@nomaden.org>
                             TauPan on Ircnet and Freenode ;)

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 197 bytes --]

* Re: org-export-as-freemind writes *.mm files that freemind (0.8.1) cannot read
@ 2009-09-20  8:13     ` Daniel Martins
From: Daniel Martins @ 2009-09-20  8:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

One more vore for integration

I use FreeMind with my non-Emacs post-graduate students before thay
write anything with pretty good results.

Daniel

PS I am considering Emacs as a requisite to be a post-graduate student!

@ 2009-09-21 17:17       ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-09-21 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

is there any kind of consensus about which of the two freemind exporters
is better?  Marco Vezzoli's is the one included with Org currently.
The other one is by Lennart.

Would anyone like to make a comparison?

Thanks

- Carsten

@ 2009-09-21 19:17         ` Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs
From: Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs @ 2009-09-21 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik

Hi!

Carsten Dominik schrieb:
> is there any kind of consensus about which of the two freemind exporters
> is better?  Marco Vezzoli's is the one included with Org currently.
> The other one is by Lennart.

> Would anyone like to make a comparison?
---Zitatende---

Just in case my opinion isn't already clear: I prefer the one by
Lennart, as I couldn't get the one from contrib to work at all for me.

--

@ 2009-10-30  9:16           ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-10-30  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: friedel; +Cc: Lennart Borgman, emacs-orgmode list

We are moving to install this exporter, should be in the next release.

- Carsten

@ 2009-11-07  1:05             ` Daniel Martins
From: Daniel Martins @ 2009-11-07  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode list, Lennart Borgman

C-c C-e has the FreeMind export option but it does not work (there is
no org-export-as-freemind)

Select command:
org-export: Wrong type argument: commandp, org-export-as-freemind

Org-mode version 6.32trans (release_6.32b.126.g8c94a)

@ 2009-11-07  6:35               ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-11-07  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Martins; +Cc: emacs-orgmode list, Lennart Borgman

On Nov 7, 2009, at 2:05 AM, Daniel Martins wrote:

> C-c C-e has the FreeMind export option but it does not work (there is
> no org-export-as-freemind)

Hi Daniel,

you org-instal.el is out of date, please run

    make

or

    make autoloads

- Carsten

> Select command:
> org-export: Wrong type argument: commandp, org-export-as-freemind
>
> Org-mode version 6.32trans (release_6.32b.126.g8c94a)
>
> 2009/10/30 Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com>:
>> We are moving to install this exporter, should be in the next
>> release.
>>
>> - Carsten
>>
>> On Sep 21, 2009, at 9:17 PM, Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs wrote:
>>
>>> Hi!

>>> ---Zitatende---
>>>
>>> Just in case my opinion isn't already clear: I prefer the one by
>>> Lennart, as I couldn't get the one from contrib to work at all for
>>> me.
>>>

>>> --
>>>       Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs <friedel@nomaden.org>
>>>                            TauPan on Ircnet and Freenode ;)