* Re: autoload filed to load ical functions....more info
@ 2009-08-22 14:43 David A. Gershman
From: David A. Gershman @ 2009-08-22 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode List

Any thoughts on this?  I'm still stuck.  I have the same version of
emacs on both my desktop and laptop, same version of Org on both, and
same .emacs on both.  Yet on my laptop I get the errors but on my
desktop I don't.

Crazy ideas welcome...

> I'm running Xubuntu 8.10 which has Emacs 22.2.1 which Org 6.29c says
> will still work on with some restrictions (none of which were ical
issues).

> As root, I 'make'd and 'make installed' and loaded emacs verifying Org
> 6.29c was in fact in place.  When I issue a C-cC-ei to export an ical I
> get the following error:
>
>   Autoloading failed to define function org-export-icalendar-this-file
>
> I get similar errors for '...all-agenda...' files.  It worked on m XP
> *cough* box, why not here?
>
> Thanks.

> David A. Gershman
> gershman@dagertech.net
> http://dagertech.net/gershman/
> "It's all about the path!" --d. gershman

David A. Gershman
gershman@dagertech.net
http://dagertech.net/gershman/
"It's all about the path!" --d. gershman

* Re: Re: autoload filed to load ical functions....more info
@ 2009-08-23 10:50 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-08-23 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David A. Gershman; +Cc: Org-Mode List

On Aug 22, 2009, at 3:43 PM, David A. Gershman wrote:

> Any thoughts on this?  I'm still stuck.  I have the same version of
> emacs on both my desktop and laptop, same version of Org on both, and
> same .emacs on both.  Yet on my laptop I get the errors but on my
> desktop I don't.

Please read the installation section in the manual and extract from
it that you need to say

(require 'org-install)

in .emacs.

- Carsten