* Way to get agenda for a date?
@ 2009-08-21  2:35 David A. Gershman
From: David A. Gershman @ 2009-08-21  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode List

Hello All,

Is there a way to enter a date and have the agenda show up?

i.e. (for me) C-caa shows me the current week's agenda
              C-u 1 C-caa brings up the current day's agenda

Is there a way to enter be prompted for a date, say:

   2009-08-20

or even select it from the calendar view and have that day's agenda come up?

David A. Gershman
gershman@dagertech.net
http://dagertech.net/gershman/
"It's all about the path!" --d. gershman

* Re: Way to get agenda for a date?
@ 2009-08-21  3:44 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2009-08-21  3:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David A. Gershman; +Cc: Org-Mode List

At Thu, 20 Aug 2009 19:35:48 -0700 (PDT),
David A. Gershman wrote:

> Is there a way to enter a date and have the agenda show up?
>
> i.e. (for me) C-caa shows me the current week's agenda
>               C-u 1 C-caa brings up the current day's agenda
>
> Is there a way to enter be prompted for a date, say:
>
>    2009-08-20

Have you tried hitting "j" in the agenda view?

> or even select it from the calendar view and have that day's agenda come up?

Try hitting "c" in the calendar view.

Best,
Matt

* Re: Way to get agenda for a date?
@ 2009-08-21  4:32 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2009-08-21  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David A. Gershman; +Cc: Org-Mode List

David A. Gershman <dagershman_dgt@dagertech.net> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Is there a way to enter a date and have the agenda show up?
>
> i.e. (for me) C-caa shows me the current week's agenda
>               C-u 1 C-caa brings up the current day's agenda
>
> Is there a way to enter be prompted for a date, say:
>
>    2009-08-20
>
> or even select it from the calendar view and have that day's agenda come up?

Matt pointed out the "j" key in the agenda already, but there is a useful
trick that I wanted to point out: C-h m will print out a description of
whatever mode the buffer is in and that includes key bindings. It's a good
way to remind yourself about forgotten keybindings, but I also find that
it is helpful as an introduction to an unfamiliar mode.

HTH,
Nick

* Re: Way to get agenda for a date?
@ 2009-08-21 17:36 David A. Gershman
From: David A. Gershman @ 2009-08-21 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-Mode List

It's times like these I feel soooooooooo smart!  *shaking head*

Also, I tried the C-h m, keys but it didn't work.  Please note however
it *does* work.  I remapped C-h in my .emacs.  Again, I feel soooooo smart!

Thanks guys!