Marcelo de Moraes Serpa schrieb: > parse my gtd.org file, search for scheduled items and, using an additional > metadata in the item, decide when (how long before the event happens) to use > gnome-notify (or any other notify mechanism in the OS) to show the reminder > of the event. I'm thinking on using Ruby or Python to develop a small daemon ---Zitatende--- There's already M-x org-agenda-to-appt, dunno if appt.el can be used or extended to do what you want. I use (appt-activate 1) (appt-message-warning-time 5) and occasionally call M-x org-agenda-to-appt (which I think is only relevant if you've didn't add the schedule with an org command, iirc). I use this to remind of regular appointments at work. -- Friedrich Delgado Friedrichs TauPan on Ircnet and Freenode ;)