From: Cameron Horsburgh <cammo@netcall.com.au>
To: Manish <mailtomanish.sharma@gmail.com>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Problem with toggling intermediate state of check boxes
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 21:21:05 +1100	[thread overview]

On Fri, Apr 03, 2009 at 03:24:40PM +0530, Manish wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Nick Dokos wrote:
> > Cameron Horsburgh wrote:
> >

> >> When I use C-u C-c C-c on a check box it deletes the check box rather
> >> than toggles the [-] state as adevrtised in the manual. I'm using
> >> version 6.25a as checked out of git several hours ago.
> >>
> >> I've never tried to use this behaviour before, so I can't say when it
> >> first occurred.
> >>
> >> Here's a minimal two lines that exhibit the behaviour:
> >>
> >> ,----
> >> `----
> >
> > The manual says (I am behind the curve: I still run 6.24, but I doubt
> > either the behavior or this portion of the manual changed):
> >
> > `C-c C-c'
> >   Toggle checkbox status or (with prefix arg) checkbox presence at
> >   point. With double prefix argument, set it to `[-]', which is
>                 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >   considered to be an intermediate state.
>
> You need to do C-u C-u C-c C-c to get to that intermediate state.

Ah, that's a little bizarre. For some reason my info file was 6.21,
which refers to the single prefix usage. I went to the top level node
than went back into the org-mode info and it was 6.25.

I say this is bizarre because I update org-mode (and docs) most days
and the info has been opened and closed many times since 6.21. The
instructions match what you say.

Cue the theme from 'The Twilight Zone'...

Thanks for your help.

--

Cameron Horsburgh

Blog: http://spiritcry.wordpress.com/