* shifting table cells
@ 2009-03-31 14:35 news
From: news @ 2009-03-31 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
   is there any way to shift cells up/down within a column while leaving
   remaining columns intact. If not could someone point me in the right
   direction to any org-functions I could use to help me implement this?

--
aleblanc

* Re: shifting table cells
@ 2009-03-31 17:01 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2009-03-31 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: news; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

<news@aleblanc.cotse.net> writes:

> Hi,
>    is there any way to shift cells up/down within a column while leaving
>    remaining columns intact. If not could someone point me in the right
>    direction to any org-functions I could use to help me implement this?

You can move whole columns and rows around with \M(meta) + direction
keys, however I don't think that there are any functions for moving
individual cells.  If you wanted to try to implement this looking at the
column/row moving functions may be a good start.

try \C-h f org-table-move-column RET and then jump to the source code

Best -- Eric

* Re: shifting table cells
@ 2009-04-01 22:32 ` Mike Newman
From: Mike Newman @ 2009-04-01 22:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

kill-rectangle (C-x r k) and yank-rectangle (C-x r y) can be very
useful for this sort of thing.

On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:35:03 +0100
<news@aleblanc.cotse.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>    is there any way to shift cells up/down within a column while
> leaving remaining columns intact. If not could someone point me in
> the right direction to any org-functions I could use to help me
> implement this?

* Re: shifting table cells
@ 2009-07-29  7:46   ` Kevin Brubeck Unhammer
From: Kevin Brubeck Unhammer @ 2009-07-29  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: news; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

2009/4/2 Mike Newman <mike@newmanfamily.me.uk>:
> kill-rectangle (C-x r k) and yank-rectangle (C-x r y) can be very
> useful for this sort of thing.

That's what I've been using... although it's quite tedious.

> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:35:03 +0100
> <news@aleblanc.cotse.net> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>    is there any way to shift cells up/down within a column while
>> leaving remaining columns intact. If not could someone point me in
>> the right direction to any org-functions I could use to help me
>> implement this?

Did you ever implement this? I've been wanting this function for a while...

best regards,
Kevin Brubeck Unhammer

----
http://apertium.org Free and Open Source Machine Translation

* Re: shifting table cells
@ 2009-07-29 18:27     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2009-07-29 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Brubeck Unhammer; +Cc: news, emacs-orgmode

Kevin Brubeck Unhammer <p.ixiemotion@gmail.com> writes:

> 2009/4/2 Mike Newman <mike@newmanfamily.me.uk>:
>> kill-rectangle (C-x r k) and yank-rectangle (C-x r y) can be very
>> useful for this sort of thing.
>
> That's what I've been using... although it's quite tedious.
>
>> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:35:03 +0100
>> <news@aleblanc.cotse.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>    is there any way to shift cells up/down within a column while
>>> leaving remaining columns intact. If not could someone point me in
>>> the right direction to any org-functions I could use to help me
>>> implement this?
>
> Did you ever implement this? I've been wanting this function for a
> while...

Sorry I can't help here.

--
 Bastien

* Re: shifting table cells
@ 2009-08-03  4:34     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-08-03  4:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Brubeck Unhammer; +Cc: news, emacs-orgmode

On Jul 29, 2009, at 9:46 AM, Kevin Brubeck Unhammer wrote:

> 2009/4/2 Mike Newman <mike@newmanfamily.me.uk>:
>> kill-rectangle (C-x r k) and yank-rectangle (C-x r y) can be very
>> useful for this sort of thing.
>
> That's what I've been using... although it's quite tedious.
>
>> On Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:35:03 +0100
>> <news@aleblanc.cotse.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>    is there any way to shift cells up/down within a column while
>>> leaving remaining columns intact. If not could someone point me in
>>> the right direction to any org-functions I could use to help me
>>> implement this?
>
> Did you ever implement this? I've been wanting this function for a
> while...

I think cut and paste of regions should be good enough for this.
If there is no region defined, this function will now take the
single field at point.  Maybe that simplifies the process for a
single field a bit?

- Carsten