On Friday 06 March 2009, Ian Barton wrote: > > First of all, I do not control in any way what gets on Worg. > > Bastien set up Worg as user-edited content, and this is what > > it should be. > > > > If you aks my opinion, I think your tutorial is *exactly* what > > Worg was made for! I have not studied it in detail, but > > it looks useful, addresses a subject that has almost become > > a FAQ. And if it is up on Worg, bugs will be fixed > > and improvements made. > > > > So please feel free to add your tutorial to Worg. > > The best place would be the org-tutorial directory, and > > you should then make a link from the index.org in that > > same directory. After pushing, it will take 1.5 hours or > > less to appear on the web. > > OK, it's now on Worg. > I can't find it (I'm rather new to all this). One thing that confused me is that I tried to work with two machines, without a server. Figuring git is distributed, I thought I do not need a server, and I tried to follow the tutorial. Obviously, I got hit when I performed a 'git push' onto a non-bare repository (now I know what these things mean ;). I now know not to use 'push' and can get along fine with just 'pull'-ing. I think the tutorial might be better if you either mention how to work without a server, or just put a big note not to push onto a non-server branch (There is a note there, but it was probably not big enough for me ;) Thanks for a great tutorial. You made me cross the git barrier. Once I'm on the other side, nothing would take me back (same way I felt about org-mode after seeing Russell Adams' video). -- yuval