* Wishlist: drop "a4paper" option from the default LaTeX class
@ 2009-01-29 19:53 Hsiu-Khuern Tang
From: Hsiu-Khuern Tang @ 2009-01-29 19:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

The default class "article" in the variable org-export-latex-classes (which
Emacs can't find anymore -- I have just filed a report) is

    \documentclass[11pt,a4paper]{article}

I suggest dropping the "a4paper" option and letting the local TeX customization
determine the default papersize.

--
Best,
Hsiu-Khuern.

* Re: Wishlist: drop "a4paper" option from the default LaTeX class
@ 2009-01-31 16:42 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-31 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hsiu-Khuern Tang; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Are there other opinons on this request?

- Carsten

@ 2009-01-31 17:46   ` William Henney
From: William Henney @ 2009-01-31 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Carsten Dominik
<dominik@science.uva.nl> wrote:
> Are there other opinons on this request?

+1

This is a localization, and as such should not be hard-wired

Will

--

  Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
  Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia

* Re: Wishlist: drop "a4paper" option from the default LaTeX class
@ 2009-01-31 18:28     ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-01-31 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: William Henney; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

William Henney <whenney@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Carsten Dominik
> <dominik@science.uva.nl> wrote:
>> Are there other opinons on this request?
>>

> +1
>
> This is a localization, and as such should not be hard-wired

I would agree that this should not be hard-wired. I have to manually
remove "a4paper" to work with American printers.

Best,
Matt

* Re: Wishlist: drop "a4paper" option from the default LaTeX class
@ 2009-01-31 19:18       ` Russell Adams
From: Russell Adams @ 2009-01-31 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

That default just requires some customization. I already use my own
header/footer code, so I've nixed it.

It would make better sense to let the export header specify the
papersize though with the default header / footer.

Thanks.

@ 2009-01-31 20:55         ` Alan E. Davis
From: Alan E. Davis @ 2009-01-31 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I also have to manually remove the a4 option.  It's not hard to do, but I
cannot directly export to pdf because of this.

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 5:18 AM, Russell Adams <RLAdams@adamsinfoserv.com>wrote:

> That default just requires some customization. I already use my own
> header/footer code, so I've nixed it.

I would surely like to see how you've done this.  Speculating, perhaps I
could go through the latex export code and find out.  It might be
interesting to have two or more kinds of header.  I've worked out a cheesy
memo export using remember templates.

As an alternative, it would be interesting to drop into a buffer in (auctex)
LaTeX mode with the content, as the current alternatives leave some further
work to do.

Alan

--
Alan

A man's reach should exceed his grasp.
      -- Robert Browning

* Re: Wishlist: drop "a4paper" option from the default LaTeX class
@ 2009-01-31 21:44 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-31 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hsiu-Khuern Tang; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I have removed the a4paper from the default classes.

Thanks.

@ 2009-02-02 23:57   ` Hsiu-Khuern Tang
From: Hsiu-Khuern Tang @ 2009-02-02 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

* On Sat 09:44PM +0000, 31 Jan 2009, Carsten Dominik (dominik@science.uva.nl) wrote:
> I have removed the a4paper from the default classes.
>
> Thanks.

That's great, thank you!

> On Jan 29, 2009, at 8:53 PM, Hsiu-Khuern Tang wrote:
>
> > The default class "article" in the variable org-export-latex-classes
> > (which
> > Emacs can't find anymore -- I have just filed a report) is
> >
> >    \documentclass[11pt,a4paper]{article}
> >
> > I suggest dropping the "a4paper" option and letting the local TeX
> > customization
> > determine the default papersize.
> >
> > --
> > Best,