* table exporters should exclude column width specifiers
@ 2009-02-01 21:34 Dan Davison
From: Dan Davison @ 2009-02-01 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

The csv and tsv table exporters are currently including the <N>
'narrow columns' width specifiers. They are also appearing in the html
export. I think they should be excluded, but I'm not sure what the
best strategy is.

It seems to me that if a row contains only width specifiers, then that
row should be deleted. However, the manual says that "one field
anywhere in the column may contain just the string <N>...". Is it
possible that that is an undesirable amount of freedom? Might it be
preferable to impose the restriction that if they are present, they
are on their own row, with no other data on that row?

Dan

--
http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/~davison