* Using the agenda to calculate how much work I have scheduled
@ 2009-01-15  2:56 Christopher DeMarco
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Christopher DeMarco @ 2009-01-15  2:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I want to have a realistic expectation of what I can accomplish in a
day.  So I want each TODO to have a time estimate of how long I think
it will take, and for the agenda to add them all up and tell me how
terrible my day is going to be.

First attempt: I found wonderful code on Sacha Chua's blog[1] which
does this, but org-agenda-get-day-entries seems to return *all* "TODO"
entries -- but I want to limit to entries which have only one state
("TODO", not "WAITING" or "DONE").  Is that possible?

Is there a better way of doing this, with my limited Lisp?  I have
looked at the Effort property, but I can't see how to use that from
within an agenda view -- and the ability to know "what time it is
now", and to therefore know how I fare in my daily plan, is important
to me.

Thanks in advance!

[1] http://sachachua.com/wp/2007/12/22/a-day-in-a-life-with-org/

--