* Feature request: Visibility cycling with the mouse
@ 2008-12-05  8:49 Michaël Parienti
From: Michaël Parienti @ 2008-12-05  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

First, thanks you for this great software! I’m very happy with
it.

Most of the time I use keyboard to navigate into a document, but
today I wanted to use the mouse and I was not able to to change
the visibility of an heading.

I think it would be great if a click on an heading made an
subtree cycling, like the <tab>.

Michaël Parienti
gpg:        D4C8 F73D A000 71C7 44EF  27E6 8982 4991 7126 3CE3

* Re: Feature request: Visibility cycling with the mouse
@ 2008-12-05  9:17 ` Peter BARABAS
From: Peter BARABAS @ 2008-12-05  9:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Check out org-mouse.el, bundled with org-mode.

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 09:49, Michaël Parienti <michael@parienti.name> wrote:

> Hi
>
> First, thanks you for this great software! I'm very happy with
> it.
>
> Most of the time I use keyboard to navigate into a document, but
> today I wanted to use the mouse and I was not able to to change
> the visibility of an heading.
>
> I think it would be great if a click on an heading made an
> subtree cycling, like the <tab>.
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Michaël Parienti
> gpg:        D4C8 F73D A000 71C7 44EF  27E6 8982 4991 7126 3CE3

'(Yours parenthetically
"peter barabas")

* Re: Feature request: Visibility cycling with the mouse
@ 2008-12-05 10:23   ` Michaël Parienti
From: Michaël Parienti @ 2008-12-05 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le Fri, 5 Dec 2008 10:17:50 +0100
"Peter BARABAS" <peter.barabas@gmail.com> a écrit:

> Hello,
>

> Check out org-mouse.el, bundled with org-mode.

With the debian version of org-mode, after a (require 'org-mouse)
I get the context menu with the right mouse button, but nothing
happen with the left button.

Has anyone uses this feature with success?

--

@ 2008-12-05 11:56     ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2008-12-05 11:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Michael,

As most of the times, Debian is a bit behind the pace. I don't mean to
disparage Debian (I use Debian and I love it), it's just because of
their policies (unstable -> testing -> stable).

Most Org-users here uses the git-version - which is unproblematic.

Regards,

   Sebastian

Michaël Parienti <michael@parienti.org> writes:
> Le Fri, 5 Dec 2008 10:17:50 +0100
> "Peter BARABAS" <peter.barabas@gmail.com> a écrit:
>
>> Hello,
>>

>> Check out org-mouse.el, bundled with org-mode.
>

> With the debian version of org-mode, after a (require 'org-mouse)
> I get the context menu with the right mouse button, but nothing
> happen with the left button.
>
> Has anyone uses this feature with success?

--
Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover

Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472
Fax:   +49 (0)1805 - 233633 - 11044
mobil: +49 (0)173 - 83 93 417
Email: s.rose emma-stil de, sebastian_rose gmx de
Http:  www.emma-stil.de

* Re: Feature request: Visibility cycling with the mouse
@ 2008-12-05 11:57       ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-12-05 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Sebastian, Michael,

this should be fine also in older versions.  Did you read the
documentation in org-mouse?  You need to click on the stars.

- Carsten

@ 2008-12-05 12:02         ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-12-05 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

We should actually write a section about org-mouse for the manual.
Any volunteers?  Piotr?

- Carsten

@ 2008-12-05 13:18         ` Michaël Parienti
From: Michaël Parienti @ 2008-12-05 13:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le Fri, 5 Dec 2008 12:57:23 +0100
Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> a écrit:

> this should be fine also in older versions.  Did you read the
> documentation in org-mouse?

I just read the header of the org-mode.el file.

> You need to click on the stars.

Ok, it works! Sorry for the noise.