Matthew Lundin spake unto us the following wisdom: > A problem arises when I invoke org-publish (or org-agenda). All of the > org files in the project are loaded into buffers resulting in too many > index.org files in my buffer list. [snip] > 2) Alternatively, is there an easy way to rename the buffers to the > title of the page designated with #+TITLE so that they can be told > apart in the buffer list. While this isn't exactly what you asked, I find the following useful in my emacs config: (require 'uniquify) (setq uniquify-buffer-name-style 'post-forward) (setq uniquify-min-dir-content 0) (setq uniquify-after-kill-buffer-p t) With this, if you have: web/index.org web/images/index.org web/articles/index.org ... then when the buffers are all loaded, you will have buffer names like: index.org|web index.org|images index.org|articles I find this much more useful than index.org<1>, <2>, etc., and you might find that it makes those buffers more manageable. Ethan -- The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws [that have no remedy for evils]. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. -- Cesare Beccaria, "On Crimes and Punishments", 1764