On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 12:29:00 +0000 Bastien wrote: > Hope this will work correctly... Yes, it works great. However, to make the remember function work I had to add a line to the lisp, so that the relevant section now reads: (cond ((equal proto "remember") (kill-new orglink) ;; added to put the link in the kill-ring (org-remember ?w)) ((equal proto "annotation") (message "Copied '%s' to the kill-ring." orglink) (kill-new orglink)) I don't fully understand why I needed to add the line -- all I know is that without it the link isn't in the kill-ring when I yank it. I couple this with this template: ("web-clip" ?w "* %^{Paste page title/URL}\n %u\n :PROPERTIES: \n :END: \n %?" "~/plans/webclips.org") I suspect I'll use this a lot -- thanks for setting it up. (And I understand that once we have the functionality in the template to yank the kill-ring to a point indicated by %c it will be simpler still.) The next question is whether the link and perhaps other bits of information can be passed as variables instead of via the kill-ring. I ask because it would be great to block (and perhaps copy) a section of a web page, click on the bookmarklet, and then see a template with the link/title and the section of text that I blocked/copied already entered. Something like this: ----> * ----> I don't know whether others will use this functionality. I confess that part of my interest stems from my experience with the only program I miss from my days using windows software -- a program called Zoot (http://www.zootsoftware.com/). Zoot does many things, but one thing I really like is that it makes it very easy to store, annotate, and organize links to web pages. -- John Rakestraw