* org mode and palm handheld: how to interact
@ 2007-09-12  4:39 Charles Cave
From: Charles Cave @ 2007-09-12  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> > Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@diplan.de> wrote:
>
> > I want all scheduled/deadlined/datetimed todos/events in my org files
> > appear on my Palm.
> > How can I get the dated org info into Palm?
> >
> > Of course - a way back (Palm --> org) would even be more excellent.

I would like to do this as well.  At the moment I use the ListPro
software on the Palm and Windows, and create a tab-delimited file from
the agenda display (currently with a Perl script) and import it into
ListPro.

I have an old Palm M515 (purchased from a friend 3 months ago)
running PalmOs 4

 I don't have a reverse process of updating the org-file from the
completed ListPro file.

The problem with the Palm is that the Todo List and Datebook dont have
text based import/export text file formats. On the other hand,
the Memos and Address book have plain text export and import!

Maybe someone on this list is more knowledgable about the Palm\
and how this issue can be solved.

Charles

* org mode and palm handheld: how to interact
@ 2007-09-10 11:32 Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2007-09-10 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is there anyone out there who knows how to deal with this environment:

I want all scheduled/deadlined/datetimed todos/events in my org files appear on my Palm.
I know I can export an ical file.
Has anybody something up and running - a "best pratice"?
I also have to use Outlook in my company so I get invitations and events from there too.
How can I get the dated org info into Palm?

Of course - a way back (Palm --> org) would even be more excellent.

Thanks for any feedback or links to other sources.

Rainer