* Example .org-files at the web
@ 2007-08-29 15:32 Daniel Clemente
From: Daniel Clemente @ 2007-08-29 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

  Hi,
  I'm looking for .org files at the web, for instance:
- to test if org.el is working correctly (therefore I need a correct file)
- to show the features of org-mode to a friend
- to get a fast overview of the type of things that org-mode offers
just after installing it
- to accompany a tutorial
- to give real examples of how to write a document
- ...
   But it's hard to find them. I expected to find some at the website.
I thought: maybe the documentation is written in org-mode, and I
changed .html to .org, but no luck; it's written in texinfo.
   Anyway: can you upload some? Or would it be useful to include an
example in the package?

   If you publish some tutorial written with org-mode, it would be
good to publish the source too! Then other people can learn from it.

   What do you think?

Daniel

PS: an example I found:
http://www.cognition.ens.fr/~guerry/u/self-describing-org-tutorial.org

* Re: Example .org-files at the web
@ 2007-08-30  1:22 Charles Cave
From: Charles Cave @ 2007-08-30  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Clemente; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Daniel,

I wrote a tutorial in org mode:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~charles57/GTD/orgmode.org

which was converted into HTML:

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~charles57/GTD/orgmode.html

org-mode is great for writing articles. As well as HTML export,
the same file can be used to create a LaTeX version.

I hope this helps,
Charles

* Re: Example .org-files at the web
@ 2007-08-30  8:11 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-08-30  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Clemente; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I guess Emacs Wiki would be a great place to collect sample files and
things like that...

- Carsten

On Aug 29, 2007, at 17:32, Daniel Clemente wrote:

>   Hi,
>   I'm looking for .org files at the web, for instance:
> - to test if org.el is working correctly (therefore I need a correct
> file)
> - to show the features of org-mode to a friend
> - to get a fast overview of the type of things that org-mode offers
> just after installing it
> - to accompany a tutorial
> - to give real examples of how to write a document
> - ...
>    But it's hard to find them. I expected to find some at the website.
> I thought: maybe the documentation is written in org-mode, and I
> changed .html to .org, but no luck; it's written in texinfo.
>    Anyway: can you upload some? Or would it be useful to include an
> example in the package?
>
>    If you publish some tutorial written with org-mode, it would be
> good to publish the source too! Then other people can learn from it.
>
>    What do you think?
>
> Daniel
>
> PS: an example I found:
> http://www.cognition.ens.fr/~guerry/u/self-describing-org-tutorial.org

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

* Re: Example .org-files at the web
@ 2007-08-30 14:43 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-08-30 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Clemente; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Daniel, hi list,

"Daniel Clemente" <n142857@gmail.com> writes:

>    If you publish some tutorial written with org-mode, it would be
> good to publish the source too! Then other people can learn from it.

> PS: an example I found:
> http://www.cognition.ens.fr/~guerry/u/self-describing-org-tutorial.org

I didn't announce this file on purpose: it is not finished. So I just
removed it for now, I will put it back when I'm done with it.

Bastien