From: Tim O'Callaghan <timo@dspsrv.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: maybe Offtopic: Emacs + Org + ?? to read Email (IMAP) on Win2K
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 22:45:53 +0200	[thread overview]

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 09:46:15PM +0200, Philipp Raschdorff wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've read this list from the beginning and I'm amazed how fast org-mode
> is evolving - thanks!
>
> I hope my question maybe offtopic :-o
>
> I would like to use Emacs to read my Emails, since a lot of my tasks
> coming from reading mail. I know that some people use Emacs to read
> their mails.
>
> Unfortunately I wasn't able to setup things correctly.
>
> I want:
> - Emacs to read Mail from 3 different IMAP-Mailservers
> - use orgmode to link to mail-messages, create task etc.
> - really offtopic: gnupg-support for emacs/org-mode
> - I'm running Win2K
>
> Any help would be great.
>
> regards from berlin / germany
>
> P hil

I use Xemacs on win2k. At the moment, i use muttng & msmtp under
cygwin. I tried using Xemacs, as a mail reader but gave up. VM got to
slow, Wanderlust & Mew are documented in Japanese, and Gnus is so
feature packed it looked like it would take weeks to set up let alone
find out how to use.

I'd be interested in finding out how other people are using emacs
as a mail client, and if it is worth doing.

Tim.