I see. Thank you for your very helpful reply! On 01.05.2023 20:45, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Philipp Kiefer writes: > >>> Do I understand you correctly that you mean tab should cycle visibility >>> in this case? >>> >>> * headline >>> some text >>> CURSOR IS HERE >>> - a list >> Yes, I suggested that in those cases, org-cycle should fold the subtree >> point is in, i. e. fold up to the next parent heading above. > To get this, just customize `org-cycle-emulate-tab' to nil. > >> Hm, for me, TAB does not currently seem to do any indenting anywhere in >> an Org file. > It just means that is not configured to do anything in your Emacs. > By default, the Org's fallback is `org-cycle-emulate-tab' or whatever > global is bound to. > >> If people use tab for indentation in Org out of the box when not on >> headings (which it has never done for me, I think), my suggestion would >> indeed be moot. > does a lot of staff. Just read through `org-cycle' docstring. >