* Is this a good feature to have?
@ 2009-08-16 23:25 Leo
From: Leo @ 2009-08-16 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

Remember is a convenient tool for collecting tasks. However I always
feel it can be more flexible in someway since I started using it quite a
while ago. So I have the following proposal.

1. Add a key C-c i <char> for each %<char> in the *Remember* buffer. For
   example, `C-c i a' shall toggle the insertion of the annotation.

2. Add a new syntax to %<char> as a placeholder for the corresponding
   C-c i <char>. For example, %<a> can be used in a template to indicate
   the place to insert annotation when pressing `C-c i a'. if no
   placeholder is indicated in the template, then `C-c i a' insert the
   annotation in current place.

This proposal is to eliminate the need to define multiple similar
templates. For example, one with annotation and another without, or one
with clipboard and another without.

What do people think of this?

Best,

Leo

--
Emacs uptime: 6 days, 8 hours, 48 minutes, 55 seconds

* Re: Is this a good feature to have?
@ 2009-08-17  1:34 ` Andrew Stribblehill
From: Andrew Stribblehill @ 2009-08-17  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I simply file with the default template and remove extraneous stuff when
refiling.

@ 2009-08-18 13:52 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-08-18 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Leo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Aug 17, 2009, at 12:25 AM, Leo wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Remember is a convenient tool for collecting tasks. However I always
> feel it can be more flexible in someway since I started using it
> quite a
> while ago. So I have the following proposal.
>
> 1. Add a key C-c i <char> for each %<char> in the *Remember* buffer.
> For
>   example, `C-c i a' shall toggle the insertion of the annotation.
>
> 2. Add a new syntax to %<char> as a placeholder for the corresponding
>   C-c i <char>. For example, %<a> can be used in a template to
> indicate
>   the place to insert annotation when pressing `C-c i a'. if no
>   placeholder is indicated in the template, then `C-c i a' insert the
>   annotation in current place.
>
> This proposal is to eliminate the need to define multiple similar
> templates. For example, one with annotation and another without, or
> one
> with clipboard and another without.

Hmmm, maybe it would be better to just make something like "%a?" and
make that prompt a y-or-no question to insert the annotation or not... ?

- Carsten