---------- Forwarded message ---------- From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa Date: Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 9:58 AM Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Mobile org To: lists@manor-farm.org Thank you all for the replies! I will look into Nokia N810, thanks for the tip. A netbook such as Eee PC might be a pocket-enough experience, even though not the scenario I would call ideal, but might work well :) @Ian: Great tips! Looking forward to reading your tutorial on m-org, would you mind warning us in the list when it's available? Thanks, Marcelo. On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 1:33 AM, Ian Barton wrote: > org-mode really changed my life, and allowed me to fully implement GTD the >> way I wanted. However, I miss having access to it everytime, so, I'm looking >> for a mobile device that could run emacs and org, and that I could keep in >> sync with my laptop. >> >> What do you think? >> >> Any suggestions appreciated, >> >> Marcelo. >> > > Hi Marcelo, > > I am in the middle of writing a tutorial for worg on using org on mobile > devices. The short answer to your question is that there isn't really a > pocketable device that runs emacs at the moment. Nokia's Maemo platform can > run emacs, but I would call it pocketable. > > So there are a few alternatives: > > Use a device that can run ssh and ssh into one of your computer to run > emacs in a terminal. Nokia, Android and Windows Mobile all have devices with > ssh clients. > > Use org-publish to make your files available as html or pdf. This gives you > a read only version of your org files. > > Use one of the services like reqall that can accept input via voice, > Instant Meaaging, etc and publish it as an rss feed. You can then use one of > the scripts available to import this into your org files. > > Ian. > > > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode >