* Linking lists from other org files
@ 2009-08-03  4:33 Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2009-08-03  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello fellows!

In my gtd.org file, I have dozens of already processed next-actions
under its correspondent projects. However, I find that this file got
so big that I have a hard time focusing on the essential next actions
(for the projects that I decided I should be acting on/upon).

I then had the idea to create a focus.org file, to act like a swapping
space, where I put **only one or two projects** (preferably one), and
then start acting on the next actions, but having an uncluttered list
this time.

It works great, but I get the list de-synchronized with the one in
gtd.org. My question is: Is there a way to tell org to syncronize
specific lists -- or, in other words, "link" lists from another org
file? If not, I leave it as a suggestion/topic for discussion. I think
it would be a great feature.

Thanks in advance,

Marcelo.

* Re: Linking lists from other org files
@ 2009-08-03  5:53 ` Noorul Islam K M
From: Noorul Islam K M @ 2009-08-03  5:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello fellows!
>
> In my gtd.org file, I have dozens of already processed next-actions
> under its correspondent projects. However, I find that this file got
> so big that I have a hard time focusing on the essential next actions
> (for the projects that I decided I should be acting on/upon).
>
> I then had the idea to create a focus.org file, to act like a swapping
> space, where I put **only one or two projects** (preferably one), and
> then start acting on the next actions, but having an uncluttered list
> this time.

Use tags to filter out what you want to get displayed.

Thanks
Noorul

* Re: Linking lists from other org files
@ 2009-08-03  6:56   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-08-03  6:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noorul Islam K M; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Noorul Islam K M <gnukid@gmail.com> writes:

> Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello fellows!
>>
>> In my gtd.org file, I have dozens of already processed next-actions
>> under its correspondent projects. However, I find that this file got
>> so big that I have a hard time focusing on the essential next actions
>> (for the projects that I decided I should be acting on/upon).
>>
>> I then had the idea to create a focus.org file, to act like a swapping
>> space, where I put **only one or two projects** (preferably one), and
>> then start acting on the next actions, but having an uncluttered list
>> this time.
>
> Use tags to filter out what you want to get displayed.

Or restrict your view in the agenda to the subtree you are interested in
using C-c C-x <

-Bernt