I'm trying to set up a buffer-wide property value for my project files. Currently I have a level-1 header like this: * project :PROPERTIES: :project_name: this_projects_name :END: I know this can be inherited by sub project, but I have many more level-1 headers * level1 header ** sub header I can't seem to find a way to set up the property :project_name: to be a file-level or buffer-level property that is inherited and visible in custom agendas. I've tried several variants including a level-0 property drawer and using #+PROPERTY :project_name project_name (setq org-columns-default-format "%10CATEGORY %30ITEM %TODO %PRIORITY %20project_name %LastWorked(Last Worked On) %LastWorked(Hours Ago){@min} %FILE") Custom agenda command: ("Z" "Last Worked skip" ((alltodo "" ((org-agenda-skip-function (lambda nil (org-agenda-skip-entry-if (quote notregexp) "\\:LastWorked\\:"))) (org-agenda-sticky nil) (org-agenda-view-columns-initially t) <<