On 20.01.2024 13:18, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > gerard.vermeulen@posteo.net writes: > >>> I suspect that you may have some misunderstanding about how >>> `org-babel-detangle' works. Its docstring says: >>> >>> Propagate changes in source file back original to Org file. >>> >>> So, it is expected to run from the tangled file; not from the Org >>> file. >> >> Yes, I misunderstood this and I see that my patch breaks this. >> >> I think there is a typo in the docstring: "original to" must become >> "to >> original" >> so that it ends with "back to original Org file". > > How about the attached patch? I have attached a modification of your patch. I think it is clearer with the risk of being too verbose, but the docstring width is < 80.