Hi I've added functionality to make ob-lilypond act in a consistent org-babel way by default (think ob-dot). The previous modus operandi is now known as arrange-mode and is selected by setting ly-arrange-mode to t More details including examples are at http://github.com/mjago/ob-lilypond Patch: Included examples are as follows... - Export org file with lilypond fragments to pdf using eps (high quality vector graphics) - org source: https://github.com/mjago/ob-lilypond/raw/master/examples/basic-mode/pdf-example/pdf-example.org - resultant pdf: https://github.com/mjago/ob-lilypond/blob/master/examples/basic-mode/pdf-example/pdf-example.pdf?raw=true - Export org file with lilypond fragments to html using png - org source: https://github.com/mjago/ob-lilypond/raw/master/examples/basic-mode/html-example/html-example.org - resultant html: https://raw.github.com/mjago/ob-lilypond/master/examples/basic-mode/html-example/html-example.html Regards Martyn On 1 Jul 2011, at 13:01, Christian Moe wrote: > On 6/30/11 8:10 PM, Eric Schulte wrote: >> Martyn Jago writes: >>> (...) >> Great, I've just moved this into the Org-mode core and added it to the >> list of Babel languages. > > Great! > >>> >>> One distinction that has occurred to me (especially following comments on >>> the mailing list) is that of "babel language" and "babel language work-flow". >>> In other words, I can visualise refactoring ob-lilypond to be no more than >>> a specification of the Lilypond syntax, and working in parallel, on a >>> work-flow implementation for Lilypond that is "opinionated" in terms of >>> adjusting org-babel settings away from their defaults / removing work-flow >>> noise etc. ( org-lilypond.el ) ? Would this make sense, and if so where would >>> it live (aligned to org-babel / a native Emacs mode perhaps)? >>> I hope that makes sense. >>> >> >> That sounds like a good idea. Ideally ob-lilypond should include just >> those elements expected by the code block interface, namely functions >> for session/external evaluation, for expanding variables in code block >> bodies, and for returning results to Org-mode. I think that it would be >> a good idea to develop an external org-lilypond to support a more >> comprehensive workflow. > > I like this. > > I certainly see that the already complex task of making arrangements like those in Martyn's examples should be made as easy as possible. > > As for the comparatively simple use cases I brought up, once they're supported by ob-lilypond I'd be perfectly happy to throw header arguments at them. > > Yours, > Christian